Wanted: Yamaha F8 prop (not high thrust)

Dave S

I have a kicker that I never use except for emergencies since it vibrates enough to cause rods to vibrate. I just assumed it was the motor not able to push my 16' Arima, but after chatting with guys at SG and looking closer at the prop, it appears to have been reshaped with either a grinder or lots of filing. I am starting to think this might be the cause to my vibration and needing high rpms to push my boat.

So, would anyone know where to look for a used prop for this motor? It's a 2007 Yamaha F8 short shaft. Not high thrust.

Thanks!

You could take it off and take it in to Sherwood they had a bunch of odd ones at there sale awhile back.

Might phone first. I dont know how you would measure the pitch.

Sorry I don't know the guys name or the name of the shop, but he is awesome and his shop is out by Sleggs Lumber in Sidney. I've used him a few times over the years. Great guy, good service, and very helpful. Someone must know who I'm taking about.

It will cost almost as much to get the old prop tuned as it would for a new one.
I would also look to iboats or boats.net and get one on line.
locally SG Power will have them in stock.

Only 88 bucks? I should get a new one myself I've got a bent blade from the previous owner.

Thanks abl. Thats what I was thinking it was but didn't know his name. Dave, just take the prop you have and Don will fix you all up with either a new prop or fix the one you have.

I was out in Sidney today and stopped in at Forsch Marine. I won $100 credit there from the Banana Challenge Derby. Talked to Chris about prop options and he phoned Sherwood, told them I was gonna stop by to get a new prop. I ended up getting a yamaha high thrust 9 dia. x 5 pitch 3 blade. The blades are a lot fuller than the previous prop I had on. I know I won't get much speed out of this prop, but I'm hoping I get good bottom end for trolling at lower rpm's. Will report back after a water test.

ps. Chris at Forsch Marine is a stand up guy. I went in and told him I do my own maintenance on my boat, and was just looking to spend my credit, and he still spent time with me discussing options for my kicker and then called Sherwood and said he would pick up the bill and I could reimburse him any amount over $100 later. Truly great service!

X2, my old boat had a Yami on it and Chris was awesome, can not say enough good things about him. If I need my kicker ever fixed it will be going to him. Dave hope that fixes your problem

I was out in Sidney today and stopped in at Forsch Marine. I won $100 credit there from the Banana Challenge Derby. Talked to Chris about prop options and he phoned Sherwood, told them I was gonna stop by to get a new prop. I ended up getting a yamaha high thrust 9 dia. x 5 pitch 3 blade. The blades are a lot fuller than the previous prop I had on. I know I won't get much speed out of this prop, but I'm hoping I get good bottom end for trolling at lower rpm's. Will report back after a water test.

results of new prop http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum...n-non-high-thrust-kickers&p=342735#post342735

Chris might be a nice guy but a couple years back I dropped off my Double Eagle to have the carbs rebuilt and when I picked it up it had a different prop on it!?!! I guess they felt somone else needed my factory prop more than I did. Thats all im going to say about that

Back