Wanted Steering Rod Clamp (See Picture)

Fish Assassin

Crew Member
Trying to finish rigging boat today need one part and don't want to buy complete unit.

Can you help?

I only need the two shaped flat bars that go over the the steering bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
It might be hard to find that exact bracket. I'm just trying to think what you could do. The fact that it should be stainless adds another issue. Maybe try Fastenall, Greggs or a plumbing place like Andrew Sheret. I'm thinking a one hole emt strap rolled over its self (bent in a vice) or two small 1/4 " straps with a rubber bushing sandwiched around the steering rod. I hope that helps with some ideas.

Stainless All Round would work too. You would have to keep an eye on it because of the torque on it. Keep the box in your boat.

Just gave a set up away and I don't think buddy used that part. Looking into it for you but located in Vic. Happy to send it up if found. Stay tuned.... Will PM if found.

I also just gave a set away couple weeks ago, (galvinized) im sure you want the stainless one..the galvinized complete kit a chandler is 29 bucks...

This is why I am sure someone has a set. Often they are not needed but when they are....Dam

I've always tossed them as I have only ever needed them once before. But now of course I need them.

I would try couple of these probably under 10bux at your friendly local hardware store...

threaded-coupling.jpgWire-Rope-Clip-U-Bolt-Clamp.jpg

Well when all else fails on a Sunday build your own temp. unit for mock up. :)

Still need a stainless one.... Might just get a piece welded on. May be cheaper then buying a whole kit for one part.

Ugly but it works

Back