Wanted: combo radar/chartplotter

juandesooka

My search for a radar for my boat gets more and more complicated. Haven't found the deal I want yet, and the more I look, the more I want (and the more I am willing to pay). Have a few good deals fall through...$%&%^&$ing craigslist! I am edging closer to throwing money at the problem and buying new. But in the meantime, here's what I'm looking for, if anyone knows someone that has a system sitting around, or looking to upgrade....

Looking for a combo radar chartplotter.

Need LCD screen, not big CRT.

Prefer colour, but don't mind B&W.

Don't mind older unit, as long as it is in good working condition.

Prefer capability to add sounder too, but not essential.

Prefer whole package but will consider partial packages too....what-have-you!

buy new Juan de Sooka and local. If you have a problem you will lose the thousand bucks you "saved" on buying used. Take a look at the new standard horizon units. They are VHF/GPS/radar/sonar in one unit. You can get the basic unit for around 1000. with vhf and gps then start adding components. Good quality . good price , 3 year warranty. http://www.boatersworld.com/product/MP63816382.htm?utm_medium=productsearch&utm_source=google

I know none of the info mentions radar , but you can add a Sitex radar , plug and play , all the software is loaded.

good luck.

Thanks Beemer

For new, best price I've found so far for a package is Raymarine C70 at $1890 at Westmarine...display and radar dome. Then start adding on for all the attachments.

The Standard Horizon one looks interesting, but domes seem to start about $1200 and then up from there.

Expensive hobby this fishing...;)

nice unit! I was tempted as well , I was very short of space , so the vhf built in was the big selling point for me.

Back