Wanted 15 lb lead balls

Tightlines22

Looking for some 15 lb Downrigger balls. Lost all four of mine this sockeye season. Plain or coated. New or used works for me. I live in delta however my daughter lives in Victoria.

Richard

ok thanks for all the suggestions. I have found a couple so I'm good for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Know a guy in Surrey who makes them. I've bought from him a couple times. He always seems to have them available. I'll PM you his number.

I have less then 20 of CCB's balls left available in Courtenay. Sold out of glow ones though, but I do have some plain coated.

CCB balls and the coatings are very good the best I have seen would defiantly contact FA or CCB if I was u

How did you lose your balls sockeye fishing? Bad cable?
+1 for CCB balls, I think he just poured a bunch of them

Yes one bad cable on a used Scotty and second one possibly poor knot on braid. Other one I wrapped on a sunken crab trap line. Other I though was in snap yesterday and it wasn't so down it went. Series of bad luck and not paying attention.

Just to add if you do choose CCB's balls consider grabbing some halibut weights too. He sells 2lb balls (coated) but my faveorite are the glow dink weights. I find the dink weights snag less they love going into a dark crevice but they slide right out.

A glowing dink weight and a couple rubber balls now thats something even the mrs. can get excited about.

CCB's pink glow ball was the better side for sockeyes for me. I dragged his around for halibut a fair amount this summer too. The coating may bruise, but it never tore. I'll be gettting more. Plus the 2nd eye is great for adding a dummy or attaching a release clip.

Back