Victoria Waterfront

totally tyee

Hit the waterfront this morning with Luna and Yo Mama. The forecast was calling for the wind to ease this morning however it was a bit lumpy when we hit the water at 730. Started off fishing the gravel pit and it was slow, not a sniff. Worked our way back and fished the harbour mouth and managed 3 oversize fish with a nice 10 pounder for the BBQ tonight. Wind picked up at around noon and we packed it in.

Threw most of the tackle box at them today including bait but Luna's coyote picked up all three fish.

All in all a very slow day.

Anyone been out to Sooke or Sidney lately with a report?

TT

Fished Oak Bay yesterday, with the flats giving up a 7lb fish on
a Glo/green hootchie. Had another hit on a spoon which got off
before moving to the Gap where i lost another fish on the same hootchie. Rained like hell, but the waters were calm.
overall fairly slow, but we are in a transition between feeders and migratory fish.

I was coming into schooner cove yesterday and a crab boat was pulling out of his berth not looking and just about backed into me,it was too too close anyways once getting that straightened out,i asked them if the season was open and it is.these guys have tons of traps out there crazy.cheers M.T.;)

TT they have always been there, when I did it we had over 300 traps and I think there is 5 boats that do it out of Victoria!!

Along the gravel pit is where we mostly did it but they start right from macauly pt along saxe pt then all the way to albert head.

Half the time one of the floats get ripped off so you only have one end and a string is about 200 to 300 yds long thats why right now there is so many floats they been working the gear alot and ALL the floats are visable.

Wolf

I know they;ve always been there but I thought there were a lot more today. I just talked to a friend of mine who mentioned that the commercial crabbing licences for the area were baught by a group Asians, any truth to this?

TT

Yes one of the boats sold I dont know his last name but it was steve and he had a northwesten alum. with an opti on the back of it. And he was a great guy to work around.

Wolf

constance was ok today afew springs biggest 12pounds. 5 boats only saw 2 other fish caught bees and a little eagle didnt see anything from the cheater's!

Back