Vacmaster 215 oil mist

Mine only started doing this after changing the oil. With the oil they gave me with the unit. I changed it again and it's kept doing this. I think it going to die.

Can't help you. I've changed the oil twice now and had no problems using the oil that came with it. Strange sounding problem. Hope you find out what the problem is.

They say its a food safe pump oil. I am ready to just run some high quailty vacuum pump oil. Robair and yellow jacket both make good pump oil. Not cheap though

Best I can find on it -is it is a food grade mineral oil made by Fiske Brothers refining in Toledo Ohio under the Lubriplate lubricants label. Carried by Cabela's in the States for 15.99 a quart. !4.99 at Webresteraunts.com

I phoned and asked a couple of times. They said it is a 10W non-detergent hydraulic type oil. The words "hydraulic type oil" confuse the issue. It's just 10W non-detergent oil you are looking for. Crappy Tire sells a litre for about 5 bucks. I believe it is a 10W non-detergent synthetic oil they sell.

My machine say to use n32 oil which is a food grade 10w mineral oil as spring fever has stated I looked at crappy tire and they have nothing Not all hydraulic oil is food grade I would not take a chance on putting anything but the exact oil in the machine as the pump is the heart of the packing machine There are many oils suitable all in that $16 range but finding a local source has been a bit more difficult unless you order 5 gallons http://lubricants.petro-canada.ca/en/products/387.aspx and it seems that they won't ship oil from USA If someone finds a local source I would like to know
Most of the bigger machines have a oil mist filter

I talked to Justin at Coastal Mountain Fuel they sell Petro Canada products here on Van isle he says the cheaper the oil the more likely it is to mist he suggested Iso 32 which is the same as 10 w price $180 plus tax for 20 litres based on supplied info A lot of the high speed vacuum oils are not food safe even though they are great oils They are made for compressors in cars I am no engineer but I am inclined to go with his recommendation But keep in mind this is coming from the same guy who never ever uses anything but XD100 in his 250 Etec LOL

PURITY FG Compressor Fluid
PURITY FG Compressor Fluid for oxidative resistance
PURITY™ FG Compressor Fluid provides lubrication for air compressors and vacuum pumps in food processing plants. PURITY FG Compressor Fluid provides strong resistance to sludge and varnish formation:

Outstanding oxidation resistance
Up to 4,000-hour service in rotary screw compressors
Superb protection against rust and corrosion
Available in ISO VG 32, 46, 68, 100 food-grade compressor oil viscosity grades
PURITY FG Compressor Fluids [read details and download MSDS ]
32, 46, 68, 100
PURITY FG Compressor Fluid for air compressors and vacuum pumps in food processing plants.

Back