Ultimate Boat!

thats the ultimate west coast boat!!!Could go to big bank in 30 knot NW in that beast, and those triple 250's would get you there in 20 minutes!

With some good curtains on the t top, I'd rather be on that one than a walk around anyday. CC's are not the best in this west coast weather but I have seen a few nice curtain set ups that would make them just as comfortable for two or three guys to fish as any walk around, unless you have five guys on your boat. I prefer the walkarounds but the right set up on a cc is great to fish out of too. They are dam nice to fish out of with all that room on deck. Their only down side if they have no cuddy is storage of all your stuff you have to take it in and out of the boat everytime you go fishing. Anyway I was blown awayn when I saw that thing.

Better hope you don't take a greeny in that thing, as brisco said where the hell are you gonna mount the kicker?? Too much stinking money if you thing your going to get a fish outta that thing.-dirty

It has a deep deadrise, but the styling is too aggressive for my liking, imagine how it will look in 10 years with all the different colours on that thing faded nice and chalky, and the pinstriping falling off. A Grady White, tho conservative, 15 years old looks fine, they age well. And the reason most big CC boats only come with two outboards is that you realistly can't got faster then 30MPH anywhere "offshore". Could be ok, but, to throw a jab at it, 10 feet wide is pretty slim for a 36 footer (or 33 foot with the Euro Transom), should be 11.5 to 12, but someone seems to think they are going to TRAILER the damn thing to the lake on weekends, and you can get away with 10 feet with a permit some places.

But, the only thing cooler then three outboards is four of 'em, ala the big Intrepid :D

http://www.yachtingmagazine.com/yachting/boatreviews/article/0,24579,1199676,00.html

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

And the reason most big CC boats only come with two outboards is that you realistly can't got faster then 30MPH anywhere "offshore". Could be ok, but, to throw a jab at it, 10 feet wide is pretty slim for a 36 footer (or 33 foot with the Euro Transom), should be 11.5 to 12, but someone seems to think they are going to TRAILER the damn thing to the lake on weekends, and you can get away with 10 feet with a permit some places.

sorry i got to step in on this one, yes 10 feet although on the skinier side, is stilla very comon beam for boats to 33 or 34', as it allows them to get better performance, which brings up the next point, those boats, and the large majority of center concsoles, are desgined for pure fishing. THat means get to the grounds faster, fish longer. THe vat majority are designed to cruise at 30knts or faster, some cruising around 45knts. These boats all come from the east, wherethey run 100 miles off shore. ANd although our oceans differ in conditions, im pretty sure 100 miles out, its rarely very calm. These are designed to cruise at those high numbers in a 4 or 5' chop.

From the forums I see, and looking at a couple of big Grady's out where I fish, I can see maybe 20kts in steep 5 footers (Many people would call a real 5 footer a 7 footer). 45-50 Knots yes in smaller chop, but from looking on a few sites like continiouswave.com and a few other east coast sites, I don't think you would get more then 30 knots in real 5 footers. I dunno, I've never been rich enough to be in a 36 foot centre console running 100 miles out :D

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

From the forums I see, and looking at a couple of big Grady's out where I fish, I can see maybe 20kts in steep 5 footers (Many people would call a real 5 footer a 7 footer). 45-50 Knots yes in smaller chop, but from looking on a few sites like continiouswave.com and a few other east coast sites, I don't think you would get more then 30 knots in real 5 footers. I dunno, I've never been rich enough to be in a 36 foot centre console running 100 miles out :D

which brings on the topic of our seas being different, their wave periods are longer. heres a bit of a discussion http://www.thehulltruth.com/forums/...rt=1&highlight=speed+how+fast&highlightmode=1

Well you gotta read this one. Right before I bought my 25' Trophy, I asked which boat was better, the Proline or Trophy. I was going to get a Proline until I talked to four different owners who PMed me off to the side to tell me that the Proline was not comfortable in wind chop. One was selling his boat that he just bought after two trips 35 miles out.

This turned into a East versus West discussion on who had the rougher water and went out in the rougher water. I told them what our oceans can be like and they told me, basically, I was full of it until some other West Coasters piped up and backed me up. Here is the thread.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/forums/...975&start=1&highlight=Proline&highlightmode=1

Not another Trophy debate! They Suck...Just kidding, been in alot of craft and am happy with ride and quality in mine.

That THT Forum has some good info and reading, I like there CG boats down there.

Our Rcmp Boyz are going to soon be patrolling in 90 footers instead of the big cat you see around. Not sure if they have a link, but there new 8.5 M titan Rib with twin 250 verados would be an offshore dream, My buddy was behind the helm and said "unreal power"

Back