U.S. Sport Fishing Guide Fined for Rockfish Violat

River Rat

http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/media/charges-inculpations/2009/pr22-eng.htm

October 7, 2009

Duncan, B.C. – An American sport fishing guide, with Canadian landed immigrant status, pleaded guilty to six charges of illegal fishing under the Fisheries Act and the British Columbia Sport Fishing Regulations, and was fined $3,000 in Duncan provincial court September 8, 2009.

As a result of a joint undercover operation by fishery officers from Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) and Washington fish and game officers, Ben Trainer was charged and convicted of killing and wasting numerous rockfish caught by himself and his clients, of retaining fish caught above the daily quota, and of releasing live rockfish back into the water in a manner harmful to the fish.

Mr. Trainer was ordered by the British Columbia (B.C.) provincial court to pay a $500 fine, plus a further penalty of $2,500. Judge Adrian Brooks directed that the monies go to the Canadian Groundfish Research and Conservation Society, and that Mr. Trainer’s boat, rods and other fishing equipment, seized at the time of his arrest, be returned to him.

DFO and American fishery officers worked together in an undercover operation to investigate Mr. Trainer, the operator of Step Outside Guide Services in Blaine, Washington. Recreational fishing for rockfish is limited to one fish per day to help preserve and rebuild stocks; it is estimated that between 60 and 80 fish were caught over the two-day undercover operation.

bug.gif

LMAO River Rat.............. I was trying to flick that thing off my screen

LMAO River Rat.............. I was trying to flick that thing off my screen

Rat
You Dog you got me too .
I thought what is that on my new LCD screen and how to get it off.
I actually blew on the screen

Rat
You Dog you got me too .
I thought what is that on my new LCD screen and how to get it off.
I actually blew on the screen

Back