Turkey Dinner

Fish Assassin

Crew Member
What you doing special with your turkey dinner this year?

We are doing a turkey dinner pizza this year as it's just the three of us. Removed the breast off the bird this afternoon and brining it for the smoker tomorrow morning. The rest of the bird is roasting right now so I can make gravy instead of regular old sauce. The roasted bird will be picked apart and turned into soup stock.

Laura is going to make fresh pizza dough with stuffing seasoning in it, cover that with home made gravey, freshly smoked turkey breast, blanched carrot slices, sliced and roasted garlic baby potatoes, steamed sliced brussel sprouts, caramelized onions, fresh cranberries covered in mozza. I can't wait.....

Ahem.... Interesting. To be honest, you lost me at gravy on a pizza, but Brussels sprouts and it just got too weird. LOL

To each their own though. ;)

Owen, that sounds awesome..... Pictures and a review please ! Just talked over here and think its a must try!

Turkey Dinner Pizza

Soup stock, Gravey, smoked turkey.... And fart buttons

Carmelizing Onions

Roasted Garlic Potatoes

Stuffing/Savoury pizza crust being made

Oh Ya this turkey is awesome, brined it in a seasoned salt wet brine for about 20 hours and into the Bradley...... It's so moist.

What was awesome was having gravey on the side to dip the crusts in.......Already been discussed that we may make again for my parents at Christmas

That process works well on all birds. Ive actually used that method for years unless I have the need for stuffing out of the bird.

I actually did the rest of my turkey that way after removing the breast for smoking. Took 1.25 hours at 350 in my convection oven. Seasoned the sucker up and roasted it. The sandwich meat and soup bones were perfect.

Turkey not complete at our place without my double-reduced mushroom and cranberry cream sauce. I'll post recipe closer to christmas.

Back