Trailer lights that last more than one season ??

I Unplug mine before backing in. Obviously won’t work for some but for me just something I have always done.

Hiway truck lites princess auto or truck dealer brackets rubber grommet oblong lites regular style and pig tails works well if on gravel and sealed had one burn out 7 years

Those submersible LED lights go on sale regularly at Princess Auto. Just keep an eye for them on their online flyer. I had them on my previous boat for 4 seasons with no issues.
Same here princess auto all the way have had mine for 5 years no issues

Whatever LED’s Roadrunner now put on their trailers are incredible. 9 years not one problem with current trailer. Roadrunner will sell them to you but I’m sure they’re a standard supplier. My previous Roadrunner with old incandescents had problems every other time I took out the boat. LED is the game changer.
Wow, I think you got lucky. I bought a brand new Roadrunner last year with the "LED Upgrade" and so far all have failed except 1 tail light. The markers lights are all dead and the other tail light has been replaced already.

Thanks Sly. I think I will just keep cleaning the grounds as part of my annual trailer checkup.
Annual trailer checkup is a solid move. Don't wanna be that guy on the side of the highway in mid summer sun cursing his failed trailer tire/bearing/brakes/hitch.

Sealed led, never unplugged, never a problem. I installed them when they first came out, and they're still working.

I still unplug out if habit, but doubt it's necessary with LED. The rationale before was the incandescent bulbs were hot from the drive to the ramp and could pop when submerged in cold water.

I have the ground exposed on the trailer frame. I'm sealed led, but still don't like exposed live electrical going into salt water.
I always do a vehicle walk around checking everything before hitting the road.
So far my mistakes have not been repeated.

Lol
Just like all those brainiacs who don’t know they have to turn on the headlights/taillights with their new vehicles, they just drive around in the dark with only their DSL lights on. :p
I drive truck on an overnight run sometimes and you see this at least once and usually multiple times a night.

Back