Toquart Bay Rd.

Tailspin

Could any one tell me if it's worth towing a 22 foot boat into toquart bay rather than running down the Alberni inlet? How far is it on gravel, Condition etc.

We are staying in a buddies waterfront cabin in Julia Passage for the third week in August!

Thanks!

I pull my malibu down it all the time.Last time was a couple of weeks ago.It was in the worst shape I can ever recall.They are hauling logs out of there practically 24/7. If you go just take it slow.The road is I think 18 km.You will need to pay for parking at toquart.The hill just off hwy 4 is the worst by far so don't think its all like that.

Have you thought about putting in at Ucluelet and then running down to Toquart if that is your destination?

Run the inlet before 10 am, always calm, no dust, no beating your rigs and fish at Pill, right on your way.

Thanks for the info, We usually make the run down the inlet when we stay in bamfield, buddies figured that Toquart Rd was the qucker ticket. I think we'll just do the inlet again and drop a line or two of Nahmint and Pill...

Thanks for the heads up frango...AH! To heck with Nahmint! The beer and the girls will be waiting at the dock in Barkley anyhow. Report from Reel Addiction of stupid numbers of Springs in tight off the regualar Barkley inshore hotspots!Limits and back to the dock for him by 10 am lately.

Back