Too much bait to many seals and sea lions

MyEscape

Wow the herring up here of the beaches of courtenay is beyond understanding but I think every seal and sea lion within 100 miles have followed them. Trolling around today I couldn't shake them three hook ups lost one the other two lost to seals. There's alot of springs
but good luck getting one to the boat. The herring fishery is in full swing many comm. boats out there picking them up huge... water has turned almost teal no milky water yet. Watched nets being pulled up and they were packed. Any suggestions ..... Thanks M.E.

p.s. Almost ready to trailer to ????? Love the water and it was great to get out but came in very frustrated...

Thanks for the info will have to try over your way. If I wanted so many seals and sealions would go back and fish in Nanaimo. Heh C.S. you been out lately? Well if not anything else had a great day on the water and the boats running great so is the gear ready for when things heat up... Cheers M.E.

Thanks for the info will have to try over your way. If I wanted so many seals and sealions would go back and fish in Nanaimo. Heh C.S. you been out lately? Well if not anything else had a great day on the water and the boats running great so is the gear ready for when things heat up... Cheers M.E.

Back