Thetis lake bass?

kunni

I was out at thetis lake yesterday, and had a really good day fishing bass. I got 16 really small bass on small rapalas. How should I target the larger bass, if there are any in thetis.

kunni

There should be a few large bass (3-5lb) in Thetis ..unless someone has a perchant for scarfing mercury laden fish. The next course of action would be to go where they hide - I will tell you go real early or in the evening before they lock the gate :mad:

All of the bigger bass ive got in thetis came from the middle of the lake. for some reason small ones are all around the outside.

-Steve

All of the bigger bass ive got in thetis came from the middle of the lake. for some reason small ones are all around the outside.

-Steve

Is that so son! I guess you've never fished with Canada's version of Roland Martin :D

Well Sammy maybe one day we should go out on on my tinny and nail some smallies. I havent even been yet this year. to busy on the salt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cough cough..... bull-cough-chit :D

Fished with worms, flies and lures there quite a lot a few years back. All the bass I've ever caught have been tiny (less than 8oz), similar to Kunni in his original post. IF there are any decent bass in there I don't know how to catch them. Never seen anyone catch a decent bass there either, although I have heard the usual unsubstantiated stories.........
Lots of trout there though up to 1.5 lbs and they were fun to catch from the shore.

There lots of nice bass in there.. You will see them cruising the swimming beach early in the morning till the swimmers start. Below the cliffs is usually good with jigs but find they seem to be more accessible at the far half of the lake

Back