Surveyor in Vancouver

Slydog

Hello all. I’m looking for a recommendation for a surveyor for a Campion 165 for insurance purpose. The place I called that is a few blocks away from where I keep the boat quoted $785. That works out to over $50 a foot after tax and about the same price to survey my 40 foot sailboat. Is it normal to hose runabout owners like that? The boat is a 1988 so the insurance company is doing it’s due diligence as they should.
Thanks

Attachments

• 7104A068-B0F4-4FC3-94E4-6935DDCA3C49.jpeg
    7104A068-B0F4-4FC3-94E4-6935DDCA3C49.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 15
Hello all. I’m looking for a recommendation for a surveyor for a Campion 165 for insurance purpose. The place I called that is a few blocks away from where I keep the boat quoted $785. That works out to over $50 a foot after tax and about the same price to survey my 40 foot sailboat. Is it normal to hose runabout owners like that? The boat is a 1988 so the insurance company is doing it’s due diligence as they should.
Thanks
My 23 is $350 in Victoria. Maybe you should plan a trip.

Just had a terrible experience with a Surveyor for insurance purposes after a terrible experience with a Surveyor for purchase a few years ago. Ask for an example survey and ask if after reviewing the survey, if you think changes that are needed to the report are they open to changing it? Some surveyors believe they are God's gift to boating.

That David Wood fellow seems like he has a good business plan. I like the different rates for different services. I’ll give him a shout when the time comes. Thanks.

I’m considering surveying boats on the side. I’ve noticed that a large percentage of them don’t know much and if you tell them it’s for insurance most guys won’t put in any effort. They know you already own the boat so they don’t want to say anything negative and they also know you need the paperwork to get insurance so it’s essentially a cash grab. It pisses me off paying 15$ a ft for a piece of paper full of lies.

Back