South Vancouver Island Anglers Coalition AGM Announcement

Governor

NOTICE
South Vancouver Island Anglers Coalition society

First Annual General Meeting

WHEN: February 28th, 2013 @ 7:00 PM

WHERE: Four Points by Sheraton Hotel - (West Shore Ball Room) 829 McCallum Rd. (Langford) Victoria, BC. V9B 6W6

AGENDA: Society Business; Elections; New Member Registration, a Special Presentation and Social

GUEST SPEAKER: Dr. Alexandra Morton
We at South Vancouver Island Anglers Coalition (SVIAC) are both proud and excited to extend this invitation to all existing members and fellow anglers to attend this important inaugural event.

All SVIAC members in good standing may cast their votes at the meeting and we encourage all to participate.
Our President - Chris Bos - will address the Membership; the Treasurer - Kelly Wagner – will give a statement of Account/Finances and Officers & Directors will be Elected or Re-Elected.

SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER: Dr. Alexandra Morton will give a presentation on some of her latest work and experiences following the Cohen Commission hearings. For all who care about wild Pacific Salmon - this is not to be missed!

REQUEST TO EXISTING MEMBERS: As we continue to strive to build the ranks of our membership, and therein the strength of our organization, we respectfully ask that each existing Member try to bring 3 to 5 potential NEW-MEMBERS with you to sign-up at the AGM. They can be friends, family, fellow anglers or co-workers. Recruitment of New Members is crucial to the overall success of our initiative and this meeting is yet another excellent opportunity to swell our ranks and build our reach & capabilities. Thank you for your consideration.

REFRESHMENTS: Light snacks, coffee/tea will be served, also there will be a cash-bar.

Doors open at 6:00 pm – the meeting starts promptly at 7:00 pm!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I won't be able to attend this year but will do everything in my power to make this a go. I have been saying we need this for a long time. We.need BB, mechanics, hotels, grocery stores, tackle shops, restaurants, and non fishing people to attend because EVERYONE profits from a robust recreational sport fishing industry. Anyone know an economist who doesn't put an audience to sleep who can speak to this matter?

You're absolutely right Theb55! Rather than having an economist speaking about this to an audience of mainly anglers, I believe we must have a professional undertake an economic study of the public recreational fishery to show federal politicians the real figures. We have none and that's a disadvantage! Once completed it will be a very powerful document to have and an extremely useful tool when influencing positive change for our sector.

John Horgan, NDP MLA Juan de Fuca is a strong supporter of the public fishery in our area and will receive an invitation to attend our AGM. He's attended a number of Victoria's local SFAB meetings down here in the past, which shows he's concerned too.

Gov

REQUEST TO EXISTING MEMBERS:

Please, please, please go out of your way to help recruit new members to the AC. We can all be 'team-builders' here and the power each of you hold to help us build this new organization from within - is huge!

Bring your fishing-buddies, family members, co-workers, neighbours etc. and before you know it, our organization will be so vast, so strong and well able to do the bidding on behalf of fish-habitat, our fisheries and our South Island Angling community - that we will soon have politicians' from Victoria to Ottawa quaking-in-their-boots!

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Thank you.

I will be attending and buying a membership and hopefully bring a truck full of others. Cant wait to hear about whats going on and what we can do to help. I truly believe we can make a difference. More hatcheries more fish more tourism more happy people. Its a no brainer.

Back