Sooke Public Boat Launch

What really gets me mad is these clowns that are supposed to be so intelligent who launch but as soon as they get in there boat there brains seem to go into neutral, there is sign EVERYWHERE that says SLOW WAKE!!!!!!!!! but NO AS SOON AS THEY GET OUT FROM DOCK THEY FLOOR IT PAST JOCKS AND SOOKE HARBOUR.....or even better they burn full tilt out about 100ft thinking its OK....if your in such a big rush leave 10 mins earlier we don't appreciate the wake at our docks.
GUY today came in full tilt past the red marker and slowed down right in front of sooke harbor sending boats flying if it continues i think ill start throwing weights thru a windshield this is sooooo disrespectful I really dont know why guys do this.....

MY RANT

Wolf

Contract out enforcement?? Problem solved???

It's not entirely clear to me what you mean. Enforcement is contracted out. To my company. So far we are being nice about it. Wading in to this mess with a tow truck won't necessarily make it better.

Well all I can say is a sign that says "Trailer parking only", and tickets on the windshield of offenders seems to work at Tulista. No need for towing, but start ticketing, and sooner or later the hotel will remind guests not to park cars there "because they do enforce!" No more Mr Nice guy!

Well all I can say is a sign that says "Trailer parking only", and tickets on the windshield of offenders seems to work at Tulista. No need for towing, but start ticketing, and sooner or later the hotel will remind guests not to park cars there "because they do enforce!" No more Mr Nice guy!

The hotel has made it extremely clear that they don't give a crap where people park. They run a hotel, not a parking lot. Their position is that guests of the hotel can do whatever they want off hotel property. Full stop.

Really? You mean after their guests get ticketed the hotel management would say, "gee that's too bad, but it happened off hotel property"?

I find it hard to believe the hotel would not do everything in its power to avoid an irate customer and perhaps a nasty trip advisor review. Their staff will get the wrath of the customer and any decent business doesn't want angry guests.People get ticketed and you watch how quickly the hotel changes its tune! Why wouldn't they warn guests that the parking is enforced if it is?

Frankly I think they just aren't taking you seriously! Do you enforce any of your parking, launch fee rules for boaters, or just hope they voluntarily comply?

I have just heard there is no more parking trailers on highway. $50.00 fine and risk of towing. I am sending a letter to the district tomorrow. I am not sure when it goes into effect but be warned. It affects any parking from Sooke Harbour marina and Prestige. I find this humorous as 75% of the trailer parking is taken up by Prestige guests on weekends. I don't think I will be renewing yearly fee and using that ramp this year if there isn't parking. Sunny Shores or Jocks' again. That is too bad the ramp has potential but there is no way it can function if shutting down parking up top. Not to mention zero reinforcement of people in trailer parking. I don't know who made that decision, but it is poor choice.

This will be a negative for Sooke Harbour Marina if the district decides to have the no parking extend that far. Often there are 5-10 vehicles on the road when its busy (me being one on occasion). There is not alot of other options, I don't consider the new parking lot off Maple a good alternative either.

If they are going to ticket for parking on the road, first they should start ticketing and towing for parking in the trailer spots.

Lol... even Google Streetview car doesn't seem to know where to park. Why are there no signs ("Trailer Parking Only!)?
Capture.JPG
On the subject of Sunny Shores, they seem to have changed the ramp use charge to double if you don't come back the same day. So couple weekends ago I had to pay $12 to launch, $12 to park over night, then another $12 to land. Never had to do that before, seemed a bit rich to me, but on the other hand I understand they need to keep the business running. Next time I might try struggle in the mud at the Anderson Cove "ramp"...Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Back