sonar driving me nuts

K

knucklebuster

My lowrance is acting up. No bottom reading. Sometimes shows bottom...for a short time then starts blinking. Other times shows 1.6 ft or else 200 ft when i'm at dock. No pattern or reason. Very erratic.Sometimes just blinks 0.0 also doesn't show temp. says 32.degrees Yesterday blinked 50.5 then quit back to 32. I've traced ALL wiring. GPS works fine. Deep,shallow,fast ,slow doesn't matter.
I.m really thinking its internal in the unit. Its a 12 year old LCX15ci
any thoughts ?

a total MILF.Man I Love Fishing

TS
did haulout 2 weeks ago. Transducer is fine. Actually...had other issues 2 years ago so replaced transducer then

TS
did haulout 2 weeks ago. Transducer is fine. Actually...had other issues 2 years ago so replaced transducer then

12 years from a Lowrance, you have done very well. Seems to be a constant theme on here unfortunately.

12 years from a Lowrance, you have done very well. Seems to be a constant theme on here unfortunately.

I have a brand new transducer ,it should fit your model and Ill sell it cheap if youre interested.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

I have a brand new transducer ,it should fit your model and Ill sell it cheap if youre interested.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg
i'll let you know. i've loaned to a friend with same unit to try in his boat to see if its unit or transducer

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

nootkalasttrip015.jpg
i'll let you know. i've loaned to a friend with same unit to try in his boat to see if its unit or transducer

Did you figure out the whether it was the unit or transducer?
If the unit worked OK on your buddys boat it might not be the transducer. I found the old Lowrance/Eagle fishfinders were very finicky when it came to the voltage the battery was putting out. I had exactly the same symptoms whenever my battery started to get a little low. Maybe the charge your battery has is causing this.

You might want to check the Lowrance website. I recall seeing something on there about this issue.

You also might want to update your software from the site if you don't have the latest version for your unit.

Good luck.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

Back