Someone is barbecuing salmon

John Ingram

The other day while walking a local beach at low tide I spotted crows and seagulls picking on a fully filleted salmon carcass.....
Now I'm sure this salmon didn't just swim into the shore and shed it's fillets on purpose.

Wish I had a camera to take some pics

Was your intent on posting this was because you feel that the filleted carcass should NOT have fed the available wildlife, John?

I can think of a number of situations to explain your observation, only one of which involves poaching.

Many of us have fish in our freezers, i like to dump the carcass back into the ocean to go back in to the cycle of life.

Many of us have fish in our freezers, i like to dump the carcass back into the ocean to go back in to the cycle of life.
It might have been a fish from a freezer and someone just doing the cycle of life thing....
I do the same thing when I catch salmon.
But this was a fresh 10 - 15lb. spring carcass, black gums and spots on the tail. It was NOT a store bought pink or sockeye.

It might have been a fish from a freezer and someone just doing the cycle of life thing....
I do the same thing when I catch salmon.
But this was a fresh 10 - 15lb. spring carcass, black gums and spots on the tail. It was NOT a store bought pink or sockeye.
So, are you jealous that you didn't find fresh fillets for yourself or are you annoyed about the sight of a fish carcass? Either way makes you a bad fisherman.

So, are you jealous that you didn't find fresh fillets for yourself or are you annoyed about the sight of a fish carcass? Either way makes you a bad fisherman.
good for them, hope it was fresh, hatcheries are tasty

Back