SOLD SOLD SOLD: 24' Welded Aluminum Hewescraft Alaskan 2014 SOLD SOLD SOLD

BCI

Here's a Hewescraft 24' that my buddy just listed;

2014 Hewescraft 24' Alaskan with Yamaha power. 2 x F115 and 1 x 9.9 hi thrust.

Garmin 7410XSV chirp touchscreen, Garmin xHD radome, diesel furnace. Second Garmin screen for aft deck.

Tandem axle 2014 trailer etc etc.

395 hours on the F115s.

$105,000 Cdn. Boat sits in Delta BC.

More info here;

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/boa/d/2014-hewescraft-alaskan/6744413090.html

Last edited:
Nice boat, I have a 220 OP, i like the Hewes. Trailer isn't legal though. boat of that size plus trailer, no way that comes under 6000lbs, especially with a full fuel tank and gear. need in cab control for that, which means electric over hydraulic brakes.

Nice boat, I have a 220 OP, i like the Hewes. Trailer isn't legal though. boat of that size plus trailer, no way that comes under 6000lbs, especially with a full fuel tank and gear. need in cab control for that, which means electric over hydraulic brakes.

Thanks for the kind comments @bpsuls. She comes in under 5900 total load so nice and legal for tandem axle surge brakes. I don’t tow with full fuel tank on the boat.

This same boat is sold locally with this same trailer configuration new.

Last edited:
Hi BCI, yeah i know a lot of local dealers do not do it right. you have to consider the weight of the trailer + the boat. i'd be surprised if it was that light, i come in at 6000lbs for just my boat alone which is a little smaller than that one with a single 200 on it (though that is max load with gear and fuel to the top). Those trailers are at least 1200lbs too. its amazing how much the weight of the additional stuff adds up. I really recommend going to a scale with it. I'd be surprised if you are under 7000lbs for both boat and trailer on it, though let me know if you are because i really need to consider if Hewes accidentally left lead under my floor boards when they built mine!

2014 Hewescraft Alaksan 240 - 3600 pounds dry
2 x Yamaha F115 - 760 pounds
1 x Yamah 9.9 - 120 pounds

TOTAL = 4480 pounds
Add trailer weight probably 1100-1200 pounds = 5600 pounds.

Now if you run around with 120 gallons of fuel and extra lead and your week long cruising provisions in the boat, I'm sure you add 1000-1500 pounds of stuff and that could put you to 7000. Suggest don't run with all the extra weight in the boat for your tow. If you need to haul the full fuel and you need to haul all your gear in your boat for a weeks vacation, then you should upgrade to electric over hydraulic.

But if you plan your load appropriately you will be below the well 6000 pound limit in this set up.

Does the size of the tow vehicle factor into being able safely handle the load as well. Ie 7000lb pickup truck vs 4500 lb suv? Assuming both are rated to tow the weight...

#mindyourownbeeswaxreadtheforumrulesweightyourownballs If you can't handle the towing you can't handle the ocean and you should probably go lake fishing.

Epic Tuna, Constance Bank, Rivers Inlet, All-weather, Georgia Straight, Tofino Boat. Heat, Dual power, rear steering station, full electronics and kicker. Loved my Hewescraft, miss my Yami 115 and always wanted to try the Alaskan. Good luck with the sale.

#mindyourownbeeswaxreadtheforumrulesweightyourownballs If you can't handle the towing you can't handle the ocean and you should probably go lake fishing.

Epic Tuna, Constance Bank, Rivers Inlet, All-weather, Georgia Straight, Tofino Boat. Heat, Dual power, rear steering station, full electronics and kicker. Loved my Hewescraft, miss my Yami 115 and always wanted to try the Alaskan. Good luck with the sale.

Thank you @kaelc for the kind words and for getting this 'for sale' thread back to 'for sale' and not 'newbie trys to tell experienced hauler how towing rules work in BC'. Much appreciated.

Now who wants to stay warm and dry for the winter fishery? This boat will do it and keep you nice and warm.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Thank you @kaelc for the kind words and for getting this 'for sale' thread back to 'for sale' and not 'newbie trys to tell experienced hauler how towing rules work in BC'. Much appreciated.

Now who wants to stay warm and dry for the winter fishery? This boat will do it and keep you nice and warm.

Thanks for looking!
You forgot and do it in style. Beautiful boat.

Reactions: BCI
Wasn't looking to start anything up here. Best of luck with the sale shouldn't last long it's a nice rig.

Awesome rig. Should be a quick sell. Rigged up nicely and a great year round machine.

BCI what power in your OceanSport?

Awesome rig. Should be a quick sell. Rigged up nicely and a great year round machine.

BCI what power in your OceanSport?

Thank you @BigReel .

The Ocean Sport 30 (now sold) was twin D4-260s. The avatar you see now is the new 2018 Lindell 42 (Jim Lindell was the builder/designer of the Ocean Sport). Think of an Ocean Sport but double the size.

It has twin IPS600s. Carries 450 gallons of diesel and is a 1.5mpg boat at 35mph. WOT 46mph.

Some info here: https://www.lindellyachts.com/lindell-42/

And my ACTUAL boat here listed; http://www.insidepassageyachtsales....igator-42-vancouver-british-columbia-6773112/

Last edited:
Back