Smoked Salmon Pate

Islandgirl

Smoked Salmon Pate

1 cp hot smoked salmon ( I used sockeye)
3/4 cp Cream cheese ( I like island farms from Costco the best)
3 TBSP heavy cream
1 TSP horseradish
1 TSP dill
1/4 TSP lemon rind
touch of chopped garlic optional

Debone salmon and chop in a food processor
Add all other ingredients and mix until well blended
Shape and refridgerate for a few hours. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I use much the same recipe, Island Girl--it's handy for this season of entertaining because it's so easy and yet people love it. I use hot smoked canned pink for this--works great.
T2

Islandgirl thanx for posting your salmon pate recipe, it sounds very yummy.

My salmon pate recipe is pretty basic, it's what I do with it after that kicks it up a notch!
I find jarred par- smoked pinks are very versitile, they provide a milder taste: I use them in my Salmon pate,I add a pint jar of par-smoked pink Samon - 1kg soft cream cheese,mix it in well- then serve on cheese Ritz crackers and top with a dallop of jalapeño jelly.You can experiment with the recipe/taste, using more or less of each ingredients.Bigger batches can be made ahead of time, freeze in smaller containers for further use; in addition to great canapes, they make nice Xmas gifts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is almost identical and I love it! For a variation I shape mine into a fish and cover the body with slivered almonds to look like scales. It's cheesy but gets a lot of laughs at parties!!!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359063354.249068.jpg

Back