Shuswap fishing

B

Bigdad013

Anybody want to share or trade knowledge of the Shuswap fishing.

BD moved to Kelowna this Aug from Sooke.Havent seen much info re forums info this areaa. Let me know if you come up with any info

I am pretty good at fishing the Shuswap lakes, had pretty good luck, 140+ fish in the boat this year, not bad cosidering from Calgary and don't spend alot of time there. Another source would be www.reelfishingadventures.com he is a guide out of sicamous who also guides the okanagan arrow and kalamalka lakes. Excellent website as well

10-4 BD Will try that site. This OK Lake funny, never see any one fishing it ie during the so far winter HOT months, either under rated, no pressure or whatever. Got to be fish in that wide expanse of water? Havent found a boat yet up here. Sold my D Eagle in Sooke last summer. Interesting your comments re the Shuspawp Lake. Thanks

Good luck out there. I know there are some monster rainbows and lakers. The website I told you about contact the owner by email and he will give you all kinds of info for there. Or you can check the reports portion of his site,lots of info there as well. Don't know why people don't fish out there this time of year, usually it's pretty good. I know I would be out fishing if I wasn't stuck here in the frozen alberta ponds.

Hey Otter...Concerning the Shuswap. It has turned into quite a good fishery since they implemented single barbless and quotas for the year. In the off season the fishing is awesome. I have found you need to go quite deep to get the fish, 140 ft most times, get into some nice bows and lakers. In the summer the fishing can be just as good but you also deal with all the idiots on the water as well. It seems people have never seen anyone fishing before and need to speed by within 10 ft sometimes to get a look. But if you ever get to shuswap, give me a buzz and I'll give you a few tips on tackle for that time.

quote:Originally posted by Bigdad013

Hey Otter...Concerning the Shuswap. It has turned into quite a good fishery since they implemented single barbless and quotas for the year. In the off season the fishing is awesome. I have found you need to go quite deep to get the fish, 140 ft most times, get into some nice bows and lakers. In the summer the fishing can be just as good but you also deal with all the idiots on the water as well. It seems people have never seen anyone fishing before and need to speed by within 10 ft sometimes to get a look. But if you ever get to shuswap, give me a buzz and I'll give you a few tips on tackle for that time.

Screwed up there, sounds good. Will keep in touch,have to figure out this interior fishing

Back