Short Notice-- All Candidates meeting in Courtenay 3PM TODAY!

Cuba Libre

This one slipped past me-- All candidates meeting at North Island College Stan Hagen theater on Ryan Road.

BUT ITS AT 3 PM!!!!! TODAY

I cant make it-- can anyone else stick up for our fishing right?????

This one slipped past me-- All candidates meeting at North Island College Stan Hagen theater on Ryan Road.

BUT ITS AT 3 PM!!!!! TODAY

I cant make it-- can anyone else stick up for our fishing right?????

Hope you're going to be in Surrey!
Dave

Well just left the all candidates meeting for the north island... and guess who was NOT there? Yup... Duncan. There is no way this guy is going to be re-elected, if he's to scared to show his face at an all candidates meeting. He must have given up or something. the place was standing room only and Duncans seat was empty, made him look like a clown.

Lemme see now-- Duncan doesnt like sportfishermen, or old geezers or students... Time for him to get out of the political racket... On May 2nd , we can do this IF the complacent group that never bothers to get off their asses to vote, realizes it is time for a change in the North Island MP....

Based on responses to this and all of the other political threads on the site I'd say that particular dilemma is across the board.

I dont see it that way-- It will send a BIG message to whoever ends up governing if Duncan is kicked out because he wouldnt represent his constituents. Will his defeat likely affect the overall end result of the election? Not really. So Duncan is expendable. And those that say its better to have a Cabinet Minister representing them in the House, should review what Duncan had to say about that..... He said that as a cabinet minister he couldnt stand up for us in caucus. Anything he said could be considered government policy... so ask yourselves What good is he to the voters on the North Island. Ronna-Rae Leonard at least will bring the concerns of the angling community forward and that gets my vote.

I dont see it that way-- It will send a BIG message to whoever ends up governing if Duncan is kicked out because he wouldnt represent his constituents. Will his defeat likely affect the overall end result of the election? Not really. So Duncan is expendable. And those that say its better to have a Cabinet Minister representing them in the House, should review what Duncan had to say about that..... He said that as a cabinet minister he couldnt stand up for us in caucus. Anything he said could be considered government policy... so ask yourselves What good is he to the voters on the North Island. Ronna-Rae Leonard at least will bring the concerns of the angling community forward and that gets my vote.

I hear you Cuba, but it's a pretty big leap to go from voting conservative for the last decade to jumping aboard the NDP bus. Not to say that I haven't ruled that out, yet. But I went to that meeting yesterday in the hopes that Duncan would give me a reason to continue voting for him... fail.

Back