Shipping to Washington...

Buckethead905

Gentlemen,

The wife and I are heading across the border to a Mariners game mid April. There are some OEM Yamaha parts I would like to order at a fraction of the cost from US suppliers. Trying to avoid the costly duties and shipping us poor Canadians get hit with up here. Anyone familiar with having items shipped for pickup in Washington?

Thanks,

Jamie.

Gentlemen,

The wife and I are heading across the border to a Mariners game mid April. There are some OEM Yamaha parts I would like to order at a fraction of the cost from US suppliers. Trying to avoid the costly duties and shipping us poor Canadians get hit with up here. Anyone familiar with having items shipped for pickup in Washington?

Thanks,

Jamie.
I don’t think you’re going to avoid paying duties and taxes as the border brokers will do that

Have them shipped to 5D parcel receiving in Blaine Washington and then pick them up on your way your down across the border. Stay a couple of days and save on duty. Stop in at Costco by Bellis Fair mall and pick up your liquor on the way. 5D will hold your parcels for 8 weeks (I seem to recall) check their website for all information and registration.

Have them shipped to 5D parcel receiving in Blaine Washington and then pick them up on your way your down across the border. Stay a couple of days and save on duty. Stop in at Costco by Bellis Fair mall and pick up your liquor on the way. 5D will hold your parcels for 8 weeks (I seem to recall) check their website for all information and registration.

Awesome. I’ll check them out. Thank you! Dutie exemptions are $800 bucks per person given the amount of time we are down there. So combined we will be well within our limits.

Not sure how much 5d charges, but I have often had shipments sent to the hotel I would be staying at while in the U.S.
Call the hotel just to confirm. I had been doing it for over 20 yrs prior to retiring, and never had been turned down. Some shipments where over a hundred pounds. Have the shipment addressed to Hotel Guest, then your name and reservation confirmation number. You may also want to consider having shipments held at a UPS or Fed Ex store if that works better.
My 2 cents
Stosh

I use TSB Shipping in Point Roberts. I have my orders shipped to that address. When the order is delivered to TSB, they send me an email and I then drive to Point Roberts and pick it up. There is a small charge for this by TSB. At the border I declare what I purchased and most of the time they wave me through. It is convenient for me because I live in Richmond, and while I'm down there I also fill up my vehicle with much cheaper fuel.