Shimano Convergence or Technium Rod???

Who has idea's as to which of these two rods are better for trolling West Coast Waters using downriggers?

Both are 10'6", Convergance is with sponge handles and Technium is with cork. Both same action (supposedly).

any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure how much a Technium Rod is but you should take a look at the Fenwick HMX 1265. For about $170, you get a nice rod with a 5 year "over the counter" warranty. I've owned a convergence but prefer the HMX for the price.

myself i like lamiglass. but last year i broke on a trip so when i came back 2 town i bought a technium . its a very nice rod , better feel then convergence. it will take the abuse of down riggers more then the convergence and has a great warenty.but 2 each there own . me love my lamis. scottyboy

I've used the convergance rods for years and I love them. Thats a real personal choice, everyone has their favs.

I like my 10'6" technium w/ 4" peetz knuckleduster, equipd 40 lb(no stretch) braided mainline. It is about 6 mons new to me, so I can't really tell ya what its like on a large (15 lb only sofar). Hopefully in the next month thou!;) Yes, I would buy another....If that helps[^]

I have both Convergence and Technium rods. I like the Techniums better as they are lightweight and have great action like the Convergence but with the TC4 construction are much more durable. They also have a lifetime warranty.

I bought a Technium last year and found it to have a great action. My only complaint is that the length is a bit awkward on my boat. (17 1/2 Double eagle) When I'm by myself I don't use it but if I have a partner it's great.
T2

Just got a pair of them too my old convergence are close to ten years old and still look good but wanted newer ones I like the way they feel so far good match to my loomis set must say too looks cool when the sunlight hits it LOL

Wolf

Back