Shaw PVR packs it is the Friday before Superbowl Sunday

Fish Assassin

Crew Member
Shaw PVR starts packing it in last Thursdays. Shaw sends out a tech Friday who reboots it and tells me there is no longer a warranty but it should be alright. I call Shaw cause when I got this set up in 2008 I went directly thru them in order to have lifetime warranty. Which they cancelled and didn't inform their clients. Good news I was grandfathered the warranty. In case your wondering warranty is now 3 years.

Yesterday the box starts messing up and so I call the to see if there is away to get a box before this one completely craps out. They will call me back... Ya right.

Today it completely packs it in.... What happens when I ask about them calling me back? Best we can do is send a tech out Monday between 8-10 to replace the unit.

Can I go get a unit from Future Shop? No... It must come directly for Shaw.

What a joke....

Better run over to your buddies place to watch the game.... bring drinks! One thing you could try.. un screw the Shaw coax cable from your Shaw receiver and hook it directly to the coax in on your TV. Then toggle to Aux mode I think it is on the TV and see if the TV can receiver any regular channels on its own.. might work, worth a try if you really need to...

Now they tell me they came here last night and switched it out for me and that the serial number is already in their system. What a joke... Guess I am going to run to Future Shop and buy one and return it tomorrow .

Back