Sharing Sonar between Lowrance HDS and Raymarine?

TenMile

Hey all,

In the new boat, there is a single existing HDS-7 Gen-1 system installed. The prior owner would physically move the unit between the upper and lower helm station and so has it wired at both locations. The boat also has an Airmar P79 shoot-thru hull transducer installed that is connected to the Lowrance.

I've been looking at a few different options for adding a second station at the second helm and and option for viewing data in the cockpit while fishing. One option would be to add a new Lowrance HDS-9 Gen 3 with Wifi and then use a tablet as a 3rd viewing station while fishing with appropriate waterproof mount. Nice option here is that the Lowrance is already cabled at two stations with both Power and Sonar connections (except Ethernet which would need to be added). With the Lowrance WiFi full view via a tablet is simple now.

However, at almost half the price of the Lowrance are the new Raymarine A95 models. Also have WiFi and options to add broadband radar etc. Literally for 25% less than the cost of the Lowrance, I can add 2 Raymarine stations (an A95+A75) so I am leaning heavily that way.

Question for the crew here. Both the Lowrance and Raymarine units have NMEA 2000 and Ethernet networking options. Does anyone know whether its possible to share Sonar data between the existing Lowrance and Raymarine stations either via Ethernet or NMEA 2000? I believe that via NMEA 2000 the Lowrance unit will send out the actual Depth, but not the specific Sonar images. Wondering if it's possible to share the Sonar images between two manufacturer units via the Ethernet network?

Back