SFBC Members Are Helping

profisher

I want to take the time to thank those who frequent this site who have already contributed to the SVIAC efforts with the Sooke Chinook Sea Pen. Thre are some very generous people out there who care about fish and our important fisheries. SVIAC still has a cash shortfall from the 2021 project with funds still owing to DFO for the net pen costs. One of the members here stepped up and took care of a nice chunk of that shortfall. Civano donated $5000.00 yesterday using the SVIAC website donation option. From our last directors meeting I believe that leaves us about $8500.00 to go to cover off 2021 expenses. This has to be paid this month I believe before DFO's year end. Thank you again Joe (Civano) for your generous help!!!

When you pay for membership you will get the current year. The website may be out of date a bit...Chris maintains the website but he has a full plate right now with all the crap going on..has to prioritize by importance. But you will get 2022.

Just an update to share. We had almost another $5,000 given to SVIAC from Jeremy Petzing via his restaurant "The Local" from their fishing derby proceeds. We also received over $10,000 from Eagle Wing Whale Watching in Victoria. That money comes from a conservation fund they collect from each paying customer. ($5 per person) The result is the 2021 project costs are now covered with a few dollars left over for 2022 effort and the 650,000 Chinook smolts we will see starting next month. A big thank you to all who donated to this important project.

Last edited:
Back