SFBC Banana Derby on Father's Day Weekend?????

The Father's Day date is definitely better IMO. The June date is better for getting higher attendance numbers as more of the non hardcore fishermen should have definitely taken their rigs out of hibernation by then. I guess there's a risk of not having as many charter operators come to the June date though as most of the island will be working full time by then. I'm hope to attend, but can't guarantee at this point. Thanks for the effort to organize this by those involved.

The Father's Day date is definitely better IMO. The June date is better for getting higher attendance numbers as more of the non hardcore fishermen should have definitely taken their rigs out of hibernation by then. I guess there's a risk of not having as many charter operators come to the June date though as most of the island will be working full time by then. I'm hope to attend, but can't guarantee at this point. Thanks for the effort to organize this by those involved.

I may have room on my boat ..depending on the date I maybe able to attend... :)

Sounds good, we'll keep in touch.... :cool: I sure hope this derby doesn't conflict with the Canucks Stanley Cup parade.

Careful with that one ...you have Jackel lurking in the weeds and he'll come out with some sort of comment... :)

Pedder Bay is good with the June dates and they thought it was a great switcheroo. The logic being that the weekend has always been a traditional boys fishing weekend for years. Many will support the derby if only to have a derby back on that weekend again. Geeez talk about pressure, having to live up to the job George and crew did all those years. Lol. I have to meet with Christoph tomorrow to see what changes we have to make with the rules regarding eligible fish to be entered. We will figure it out and pass that on tomorrow.

Ok this is now official. I have already reprinted the derby tickets. Just have to wait and see if we can still have a private party on that Saturday night. I will have the tickets out by the end of the weekend and most of the posters altered. Thanks for everyone's thoughts and comments. Hopefully this is a start to replacing what we had for many years and we can raise even more money than ever before.

Hot Spot lures has joined us too as a sponsor

This is great news Rollie. I am definitely in for two tickets now....... I missed fishing in the JDF derby on Father's Day weekend last year and now don't have to suffer derby withdrawal again this year.

Ok, you guys helped me decide the date change. Need more help to decide. Who would be including the private party on the Saturday night in their weekend festivities? Just want to get a feel if it will be a success or not.
We are still going ahead with the original party on May 11th and will fill Hermann's with friends and anyone who wants to join us. A private party in a proper club is always fun when the place if full of people you know!! This one won't have any attachment to the derby.

I think for the derby night you are better off limiting the festivities to some beers around a big campfire. If you want to do something fancy then have some music there and maybe a few BBQs and racks of ribs. But keep it low key otherwise. But thanks for all your hard work on all this Rollie!

I think for the derby night you are better off limiting the festivities to some beers around a big campfire. If you want to do something fancy then have some music there and maybe a few BBQs and racks of ribs. But keep it low key otherwise. But thanks for all your hard work on all this Rollie!

X2 Rollie. Us old guys don't have the stamina we once had..........

A site at Pedder or similar would be a good gig for the Sat eve. Getting home safely from there after a few is a little challenging but the carpool idea for the downtown party could easily be implemented for this as well. Just need to talk Martin into letting a bunch of derby houligans chum it up on his camp site... quietly and responsibly of course.....

A site at Pedder or similar would be a good gig for the Sat eve. Getting home safely from there after a few is a little challenging but the carpool idea for the downtown party could easily be implemented for this as well. Just need to talk Martin into letting a bunch of derby houligans chum it up on his camp site... quietly and responsibly of course.....

THis sounds like fun! And im not to far from there!

-KK

I'll decide on the dance by tomorrow night. If we had an informal Friday night get together at a Langford pub for a few drinks/food and buy side bet tickets that might be better attended. It's too bad Father's Day doesn't quailfy for long weekend status. Then we could have had a ripper of a party and award ceromony on the Sunday night.
New confirmed sponsors: Shoppers Drug Mart - Sidney Ty Collwyn Waterfront Retreat - Sooke and Jim Pattison Volvo - Victoria

All the vendors have tickets now and west Coast Tire has joined us as a sponsor. Sometimes things happen for a reason. This was to be our original derby weekend. With the wind here now I'm glad we had to change it.

Back