Selling Simrad NSS 12 Sport Touch Screen GPS/Sounder

burnsy22

Selling my SImrad Nss 12 Sport. Purchased new from Harbour Chandler 2 years ago and is in mint condition. The unit comes with the original box manuals and cover.
The NSS 12 Sport did not come with a sounder built in. A BSM-1 Broad Band sonar hub was required in order to make the unit function as a sounder as well. This unit comes with that here is the link to that piece. http://www.simrad-yachting.com/en-GB/Products/All-Discontinued-Products/BSM-1-en-gb.aspx
The sounder is the same broadband sounder as in the Lowrance HDS units. The sonar hub just has to be mounted separately to the Head unit.

I am going to be keeping the Micro navionics chart card to go in my new unit. So you will need to purchase a chart card. Also you will need to purchase a transducer as I will be leaving mine on the boat for the new unit.
If you already have a lowrance HDS unit the transducer will work on this unit. I am currently using the Airmar P66 for mine.

I am located in Nanaimo, but travel to Victoria 1-2 times a week.

Asking $1800.

Is the sonar contained in the native menus? Can you still split screen chart and fish finder with the regular menus?

Yes the sonar is contained in the native menu and functions just as if the sonar was built in to the machine. You can split screen anything you want. The NSS 12 Sport unit itself was more so designed as the visual chart unit for larger vessels which is why it did not have the sounder built it in, and why they created the sonar hub as an add on for people who wanted to use it both as a sounder and GPS unit.

Also as a side note. I paid $3200 plus tax for this unit without the chart chip originally from Harbour chandler.

with the NSS 12 and the NSS-8 you can split the screen into 4 panels
i run one of my 8's with half chart half sounder
044.jpg

here is a plus with the 12" it has a HDMI out put so you could run a duplicate screen else where in/on the boat ...

i may also be selling pr of NSS-8's also p66 and a sonar hub with LSS-2 so keep an eye on the for sale section
having to upgrade due to new black box s5100 ...

Back