Selling Abel Mooching Reel Lifetime Warranty, all Hand Machined

burnsy22

I am selling my Abel Mooching Reel. I am selling in order to pay for a few other things i need for my boat. I purchased it last year from Pacific Anglers in North Vancouver. With the customer silver drag knobs it cost me $750+ tax =$830. I have used it roughly 10 times.

The reel is spectacular, and every piece including springs and screws are hand machined in house at Abel. Here is the link to the reel. You can build them yourself and see how much they cost. The pictures just have a few water spots on the reel it self is mint.

I am selling it for $600 Firm. I am not going any lower and feel its a good deal. I am in Nanaimo but travel regularly over the island. Send me a message if interested.

Shane

Amazing deal for the best mooching reel on the market today!! IMO.

Beauty reel for sure, but as a machinist I gotta comment. These reels are CNC machined just like every other production machined reel on the planet. You know how many hours it would take to machine the pieces for one of these? You sure wouldn't be buying one for $700 and that is a fact.

Ok rant over......gotta get out fishing

Beauty reel for sure, but as a machinist I gotta comment. These reels are CNC machined just like every other production machined reel on the planet. You know how many hours it would take to machine the pieces for one of these? You sure wouldn't be buying one for $700 and that is a fact.

Ok rant over......gotta get out fishing

As a designer I also can comment it takes us hours to design this in CAD and do prototypes.. It cost as thousands to develop and get the prototyping right to transfer this to the manufacturing.

Many manufacturers will roll our R and D costs in the reels themselves. A lot of these same reel/fishing companies dont have any established process/manufacturing engineering team to help with the issues as they come up once released.

Machining costs are based on volume...You want stuff made in North America than the price goes up...Abel are on the high side..But a lot of the aluminum machined reels below 500 many of them are off shored..Or they tell you it made in Canada by following the 51% canada /49% offshore rule. In my mind it deceives the public thinking there stuff is made here.

From my perspective Abel reels are priced high for one reason. High amount of different products and a lot of custom anodized painting. With anything like that the costs go up across the board to carry those inventories....

Not saying your wrong..They have a knife on there that is way over 200.00..

Sorry Burnsy highjack!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back