Salt water flyfishing

Q

quadra1

Anybody fly fish for springs/kings/chinook in salt water?
Caster

Yup it was great fun I was casting pink squirts for sockeye on a fast sinking line and found chinook instead. Great fun on an 8 weight rod! Now I want to try it from a float tube and see if a big ol boy can get me up on plane!!!:D

quote:Originally posted by C Lyse

Yup it was great fun I was casting pink squirts for sockeye on a fast sinking line and found chinook instead. Great fun on an 8 weight rod! Now I want to try it from a float tube and see if a big ol boy can get me up on plane!!!:D
What is a pink squirt..is it a small pink hootchie? I am tieing up a bunch of streamers that I hope to use when I get out there next month. I have a belly boat too but have some reservations about how a pair of fins and brown neoprenes look to a hungry meat eating killer whale..I guess it would'nt be so bad as long as they stunned you with their tail first before they ate you.:D:D

yup those lil' hootchies exactly. I found they didn't cast well until I put a small slipshot weight into the head.

Good point on lookin like a seal in a tube. hmmmm....me thinks me might rethink this one.:D

Back