Salmon with Fetta and Pesto

Jockey

Quick, Simple, and Delicious recipe for any salmon.

Prepare fillets or steaks for grilling (I like to leave the skin on and give them a quick rinse).

Slather pesto over the top of the salmon flesh. My favorite is the green pesto but you can get red pepper and maybe some others as well.

Crumble Feta Cheese and sprinkle that generiously over the top of the salmon and pesto.

Slap er on the BBQ (skin side down) and grill until the fish is cooked. I have read some people say it is a travesty to over cook fish but personally I like to grill it until the skin on the bottom is burned and the fish flakes nicely. The fetta should appear cooked as well (the top will be slightly brown, fetta will not melt at normal cooking temperatures). I usually serve this on rice.

YUM YUM this might be my faveorite salmon recipe. It is right up there with maple glazed.

Worked out great! I've made this before as we grow our own basil plants but didn't put the feta cheese on. With the feta, it's a winner! Did it slow on the BBQ on a piece of foil and it turned out perfect. Thanks.

I love this recipe section of the forum:p:D. Lot's of folks sharing idea's etc.......... it is a break from the the other crap that goes on during the off season.

I've done a few lately in a similar easy method, slathering on an extra-garlicky thick caesar dressing, or xtra foods has one w/ xtra-garlic & parm. I think it's Renees brand. A little fresh crushed pepper on top and grill away !

This recipe is definately a gooder!! Although I baked it instead of BBQ. So here is one for the white vs. red debate.... I made this recipe with one fillet of red, and one of white. Both caught same day, same area within hours of each other, vacusealed & prep'ed same etc. Everyone agreed the white was much better tasting. In times past, I would save the whites for smoking... noiw I'm not so sure!!

Back