salmon-farmers-ads-full-crap-seabed-beneath-pens

thxs for getting the word out Derby,
It all helps.

These salmon feedlot industry ads are reminiscent of the cigarette ads in the early days of the tobacco industry. Talking about so called evidence that they are not that harmful - all just PR spin doctoring by multi-national corporations that care about profits more then the environment we need to survive.

Time to get these feedlots out of the water and on to land where they cause less damage to the environment and sea life.

Well I can attest to what impact the farms have done to me personally when I guided up at knight inlet, I used to fish my lil hot spot called sargeaunts passage BEFORE the fish farm showed up in there salmon fishing was very good and id go there every 3 days or so get 2 to 4 halibut no problem prawning was well one word to describe AWESOME..... 1st year farm showed up didnt see much effect. 2nd year not so good, 3rd year spotty at best 4th year on totally void of life and i think its still there to this day.

I was on year 15 up there and that thing was in place from from year 5 of me being there I had GREAT successes till about year 7 then nothing... the prawning is how I really gauge it as our wharf rat used to go get traps full to basically zip.
Halibut I stopped going after many attempts of getting skunked and I was basically the only one who fished it as there wasnt alot of traffic up there....

Worst was when my pop came up for a week of me care-taking it had been came waters for 3 days straight when we went past to go to glendale cove there was a slick of oil on water and smelled pretty bad and only got worse closer to this "FARM" . Dad was like how the hell does this keep going????

So was the decline from the farm who knows BUT it was the only thing that I can think of ...if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck well you know the rest.....

Wolf

Great information in that article. Thanks for sharing....
It's ashame what our govt allows to happen!

20000 cutthoat fry into stella lk a year?Whats the stocking for?Pie creek survival?Noting atlantic salmon hatchery at land based, estuary at little bear.most cutthoat stocking done on an island lake.A sockeye, or might have be another type of salmon that looked the same was caught in pie creek estuary 10 years ago ,by a fellow camper netted by my son.Have pictures ,have to dig them up out of external hard drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
What???? What are you trying to say???? You are all over the place.....................

Spent the afternoon looking for pictures of little bear bay hatchery and park with fisherman that caught a 8 pound salmon out of the pye estuary ,couldn't find them right away ,sorry .likely place to catch a atlantic salmon . 100_2562.JPGlittlebay.jpg From shore in front of camp, massy spoon, flood tide.Dock is more on fish farm topic .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back