Salmon Farmegeddon (aquapolypse) Document

Whole in the Water

Very interesting read. This is an extensive investigation into the many diseases associated with salmon feedlots. Really quite alarming and scary when you look into it!

IMO the writing is on the wall and the days of net pen salmon feedlots is numbered as they are too dangerous to the marine environment and the creatures in it!

We need to keep the pressure on Govt's and elected officials to get these feedlots on the land where there damaging impacts can be better contained and managed!

http://donstaniford.typepad.com/files/farmageddon.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.........anybody who defends this industry really has something wrong with them. We can't get these farms out of he water soon enough. I always shake my head when I hear "transition to closed containment within 10 years'. It needs to be done NOW.

My generation was given an unspoiled BC coast. Disgusting what the kids being born today will get as a coast which is already plugged from Baynes to Rupert with industrial fish feed lots pumping tons of concentrated, diseased fish effluent into these waters for the benefit of the greedy few. Fishfarming on land would keep the jobs and save the coast. Get these floating sewers off the BC coast now.

Back