Sale at Island Outfitters

M

mikesmith

Got the flyer for Island Outfitters sale.....boy are there some good deals, the one that strikes me is the Stack On 8 gun safe on for $219.98 WHAT A DEAL....considering I ve been looking at it in their store for 3 months and it has a price tag of $219.99 and it was listed on the website for the same.....THE SALE COMES ON and they jack the retail to $251.99 and put it on sale for $219.98.....WOW save a penny

When is wholesale sports opening in Nanaimo

From what I know this sale is based on a promotion and flyer program common to all Redl Sports Distributors customers province-wide, so sarcastically dissing Island Outfitters online is really inappropriate here. People in Nanaimo would likely get the very same flyer through their door with the same gun safe deal except marked with Gone Fishin as the store to visit, if they are a participating Redl product outlet. You don't have to buy the gun safe today and you can buy it from who you like, but I am sure Island Outfitters will sell a ton of quality Scientific Anglersd graphite rods for $25 about 25% of the original retail price and they will be really busy from this promiotional flyer. You only mentioned the gun safe and neglected to mention some of the great deals in the sales flyer or the interesting piece about the halibut allocation issue!

Is Wholesale Sports the only place to buy from? Local tackle and outdoor sports stores offer a great convenient service right in our community. You are not compelled to buy from them. Q: Are you going to drive to Nanaimo to find out where the fishing is hot and buy a pack of anchovies? Next time remember when you make remarks as you did earlier in this post, Island Outfitters are the ones who support the local community in a big way and the owners live locally too! Behind the scenes they put a lot of effort into keeping the fisheries open, they put on the popular Just for the Halibut and Elk Lake derbies, they give away a ton of free prizes and support to community groups that promote fishing events (especially for kids), they give money and support salmon enhancement too.

So next time MS think about writing a topic title like "I want to get a smokin deal on a Stack on 8 gun safe, can anyone help?" and look for the deal you want to save yourself a few pennies rather than pi$$ing at someone else.

Rumour I heard - WS in Nanaimo opens in August

Gov

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling - Izaak Walton

:D:D:D

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

From my time in the tackle business I can say with assurance tha it's the Canuck wholesalers who are at fault for high prices here, the prices they charge tackle shops here are often higher than US retail!

And local retailers can't shop around for wholesale deals like stores in other jurisdictions due to exclusive distributorships.

So if it smells</u> like racket and operates </u> like a racket it's probably.....[V]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
freshwaterlagoonnuquicw3.jpg

Ditto here - GOV!

For what it's worth to you guys, Ward Bond was the ONLY retailer/wholesaler anywhere who contributed to the WSA's Election Ad campaign. He stayed true to his word and I won't soon forget that.

Terry Anderson

Not to belabour a point.. I've seen many a good deal at both Island Outfitters & Westshore Sports, Anglers whatever they call that new store.

Diawa salt reels as cheap as anywhere in the US, hard to find disc.Quantums good price. Browning rods on sale at fair pricing, the Berkley-Fenwicks promo rods...

I frequent both stores, spend good bucks, mostly on the consumables. I either wait for the bigger ticket stuff, or, when there's a fair comparative price on (my new Fenwick IM7 9') I'll spend the cash.

I also shop around... and have to admit, C$199 delivered for a new Curado 300E... was irresistable... but prefer to do local when it's close enough in pricing.

A lot of it is the Canadian Distributors. The big mega-box stores can act as their own importer, but are forced to offer their own in-store warranty, as the distributor won't warrant externally-sourced products.

I used to be a wholesale rep for a Canadian warehouse sports-distributor for a US company... Foreign companies think of Canada as a cash-cow... and Canada is always their most profitable operation globally... That goes for all lines from groceries, candy, guns and underwear.

Back