Reviews on Adventure Marine "High Thrust Outboard Motor Bracket"?

They make great stuff. I'm using their swimgrid mount and backing plat . I'm guessing the backing plate is an option for this one too, definitely do that. I also have their prop guard. Self explanatory and also a must have.

They make great stuff. I'm using their swimgrid mount and backing plat . I'm guessing the backing plate is an option for this one too, definitely do that. I also have their prop guard. Self explanatory and also a must have.

Nice. Good to know their products are quality - sure look it.

Yep, backing plate for sure. She would be good and sturdy I reckon.

Do you know where I might be able to get one of those mounts painted?

I'm pretty sure it's powder coated aluminum. They're out in POCO, just give them a shout and they will help, I bet, perhaps they can have it powder coated blue for you. When I was restoring a car, I used an outfit around Metrotown for powder coating and it was reasonable and excellent.

Pretty sure that is the model on our boat.
We ride our gear hard and put it away wet too often.
This bracket has stains but other than that, totally solid.
I have probably hit **** like docks and freighters with it too, you know how it can be a gong show out fishing.

I am disappointed though, I was sure this thread was about funny reviews left on the interweb for this product.

These are well made, very strong, has a nice setback so you can tilt auxiliary engines all the way up and leave room for the rigging. I recommend just buying the inside piece when you buy a bracket, unless you have some 3/16 or 1/4 aluminum plate kicking around as a DYIer

Pretty sure that is the model on our boat.
We ride our gear hard and put it away wet too often.
This bracket has stains but other than that, totally solid.
I have probably hit **** like docks and freighters with it too, you know how it can be a gong show out fishing.

I am disappointed though, I was sure this thread was about funny reviews left on the interweb for this product.

ha! reassured that I haven't been able to find such reviews, so far. seems built to last.
were your stains from fuel/grease or abrasions?

These are well made, very strong, has a nice setback so you can tilt auxiliary engines all the way up and leave room for the rigging. I recommend just buying the inside piece when you buy a bracket, unless you have some 3/16 or 1/4 aluminum plate kicking around as a DYIer

right on - thanks for the info. yep, i'd buy the 1/4" aluminum reinforcing backing plate for sure...
pretty sure the transom ply in the 21' hourston ('93) is 2 1/4", but always good to add some extra support back there given how long the mount is (~21")

Stains are from the steering tube on the Yammie 9.9 high thrust kicker.
Grease and rust.
As stated above, it tilts up fully with no issues with any of the rigging.

I have installed several of these over the last several years. Powder coating holds up very well. Obviously if you score it or damage the coating the salt will get between the coating and the aluminum. I have customers out there that have had zero issues with the powder coating who moor their boats in the salt.

Make sure you mock it up before you mount it. They slope back a bit so its a little deceiving on mounting height.

Great price on their stuff also. Great stuff

I’ve had mine for damn near twenty years, I love it. The only thing I don’t like is I think it’s set back just a little to much, I use a easy steer and I take it off when I travel, so it’s way out there.my tiller handle ( 9.9 high thrust) just barely reaches the back of the boat. So to adjust the throttle your leaning a bit but not that big of deal I guess , it handles the weight of the high thrust well. I had an adjustable one before it it broke after 4 years from the bouncing not this one

Their SS kicker prop guard is much superior to a competitors guard which is only $60 less. No comparison. Heavier,wider, and available in a number of sizes. Good service. Very impressed.

Back