Responsible Ice

Bill 310

Crew Member
Keeping stuff cool in a bit of a pilgrimage for some of us whether we are camping, boating and/or stocking up cooling supplies for a future outdoor block party in 2022.

We have a large Yeti cooler and with combination of Yeti Ice and real ice it does a pretty good job for 2-3 days .I like the idea of having more cooling tools to keep the cooler prechilled

But.....the pursuit of science and colder drinks must never end.

I stumbled upon the Responsible Ice website, watched their video and ordered 2 packs of two. Shipping to Canada was $9.98

I like the idea of reducing plastic floating in the Ocean and/or lakes

We will see how things work out.

Looks like an expensive version of an empty 4L of milk....

yeah even says its plane water, want to kick the 4 L jug up a knoch add salt to it.

Tho the price tag is 10 bucks so might be worth it just for durability.

Well the Responsible Ice arrived at the office. Unfortunatley, it was shipped UPS so they charged $62.19 to clear Customs.

US Postal Service would have likely no charges based on my experience. These are the times I miss the access to my Blaine Mailbox. Cheap gas and the lower cost of items on Amazon .com compared to Amazon.ca

My wife, looked at me and just shook her head . So this stuff had better be really cool.

When I get a moment I will freeze things up and then fill the Yeti leave it our in the backyard sort of like it was on the boat and do a completely unscientific test.

I will also put Yeti Ice in the Yeti and see where things are in 4 days (Is the Yeti still frozen solid?), Is the Responsible Ice colder than the Yeti . I will use my heat gun and see how things are reading.

Last edited:
I ask the local wine making place to save me the plastic bags the wine kits come in. I then fill them with water and put them in a plastic Rubbermaid dishwashing tub.. then into the freezer. Perfect blocks of Ice.
As well as keeping some plastic bags out of the landfill.

Back