removal of boat from trailor ??

tubbed out

got a buddy (who after he reads this is going to see how helpful you all are and sign up himself )

LOL gary

was wondering the best way to get his boat of his trailor , need some trailor work done ?

tips or thoughts

any one know of any good trailor guys ?????

thanks

Tubbed

what kind of trailer, steel or ?? how big a boat is the next question most will have

what kind of trailer, steel or ?? how big a boat is the next question most will have

Using the "rounds" is a good idea or you can use cribbing. You don't really need the engine hoist. With most trailers you can simply lower the tongue jack all the way down, block the stern corners of the boat, then raise the trailer jack all the way up. Put a block (or cribbing) under the keel near the bow and lower the jack back down to clear the boat. The only real trick here is: as you pull the trailer out from under the boat you'll need to pull it forward until the cross-member contacts the forward block, put a block behind the cross-member, remove the forward block and continue pulling the trailer out. If you have more than one cross-member you may have to repeat this. The switching of the keel blocks is pretty easily accomplished with the use of a small jack (hydraulic, screw, or scissor) and a small block of wood (to cushion the keel from the jack).

Using the "rounds" is a good idea or you can use cribbing. You don't really need the engine hoist. With most trailers you can simply lower the tongue jack all the way down, block the stern corners of the boat, then raise the trailer jack all the way up. Put a block (or cribbing) under the keel near the bow and lower the jack back down to clear the boat. The only real trick here is: as you pull the trailer out from under the boat you'll need to pull it forward until the cross-member contacts the forward block, put a block behind the cross-member, remove the forward block and continue pulling the trailer out. If you have more than one cross-member you may have to repeat this. The switching of the keel blocks is pretty easily accomplished with the use of a small jack (hydraulic, screw, or scissor) and a small block of wood (to cushion the keel from the jack).

why down at the beach ? why not on the grass at his home?

/

why down at the beach ? why not on the grass at his home?

/

The boat dealers occasionally do this, check with a lager dealer. I have seen guys tie the stern to a tree, ensure good bracing under the boat of the same height as the trailer on both sides of the boat, untie the boat, put the tow vehicle in gear and pull the boat off in sections placing bracing under the boat each time, ensure the stern has lots of support and the bow has support located so that you can get the trailer under it when reloading it.

Well all of the other ways do work, but now I always put the boat in the water and repair my trailer. You
have to have a dock or marina that will put up with you boat for a couple of days but most areas have that . It is great as long as you don't have work to do on the bottom of your boat then you have to block it up like the guys say. gl

We take boats off trailers all the time however it's allot easier with the proper stands. The easiest wave to do it at home is to drop the tongue of your trailer as low as it goes block up the back corners and secure the stern of the boat to something that will stop it from moving forward crank the trailer back up hook it up to your tow vehicle and slowly pull ahead once its off just over half way block under the keel continue just before it's off the trailer block under the keel closer to the bow. If you plan on working inside the boat while on blocks cut two 2x4's and angle them / as side supports midship on each side for better stability.

JMHO
Cheers ME

Buddy of mine has a vacant grassy lot. we just tie off the back of the boat, and slowly drive the trailer out from under the boat.
the boat just sits there on the grass until you're ready to get her back on.
Then, disconnect truck and trailer , hand bomb the trailer until its
positioned right at the front of the boat ,connect up winch hook and start winching.
the boat doesn't move much but the trailer will suck itself right
under the boat.
I should mention that this works for roller style trailer's
bunks ... not sure ?

Back