Recreational Fishing closed!

OldBlackDog

Wonder why???

Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada

Subject: FN0573-RECREATIONAL - Chinook Salmon - Region 6 - Recreational fishing for Chinook - Closed

Effective June 15, 2021 at 00:01 hours through March 31, 2022, recreational fishing for Chinook salmon will be closed on the Skeena River watershed and all rivers and lakes in Region 6 flowing into PFMAs 3 to 6, not including the Kitimat River and Nass River watershed.

These management measures are being implemented to address on-going concerns for North Coast and Skeena Chinook.

Please refer to the online BC Sport Fishing Guide, Freshwater Region 6, for a complete list of the recreational salmon regulations for all lakes and rivers of Region 6.

Variation

I think we need to change the point of view from "recreation fishing" to something like "sustainable harvest fishing". Maybe we will get more openings if we just change the wording. I'm not recreationally fishing. I'm fishing to have some fish to eat throughout the year.

I’ve mentioned it before here.. I worked for a couple of years for cowichan FN and saw firsthand the massive piles of rotting salmon on reserves that were wasted. Thousands of chinook and sockeye. I was curtly told that’s it’s their right to get free salmon from the government even if they prefer to eat fast food and let the salmon rot. Stewards of the land my butt.

I’ve mentioned it before here.. I worked for a couple of years for cowichan FN and saw firsthand the massive piles of rotting salmon on reserves that were wasted. Thousands of chinook and sockeye. I was curtly told that’s it’s their right to get free salmon from the government even if they prefer to eat fast food and let the salmon rot. Stewards of the land my butt.
does not surprise me one bit

Back