question about sg power

daddystoy

Looking into buying a used 9.9 high thrust from them. Anything I should know or be worried about?

Thanks, Dave

I bought my last outboard from them, no problem..
they will usually give you a 30/60 day warranty on
used motors.

I have never bought one, so can't say, but I gave up on the camp return idea when motor shopping a few years ago. I was looking for a 60hp.

All the ones that had less than 500 hours were reserved for their Double Eagle package sales. All the ones for sale separate had high hours -- and the savings were not enough to justify the hours. Especially knowing how guests treat motors at fishing camps.

Maybe less so on the kickers, I don't know...but I can't imagine they'd have little hours...even if just 1 season old, probably more than 100 days at 10 hours per day minimum.

I have dealt with SGP on other things though and always found them very professional and helpful....just not sold on camp returns.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm trying to decide whether to go used and save a few dollars or to just splurge and treat myself to a new motor. The camp returns must have a lot of hours on them even if they are only 1 year old. Again, thanks to all, I think I know which way I'm leaning.

Kickers gonna take a lot less abuse than a main even if the hours are higher.

Used to get some main motors from them in the shellfish days and overall very good. A yammy is a yammy. The head goes when it goes.

Wouldn't go main but wouldn't even think twice about going kicker if they had the right setup.

Gimee the gaff!!!

Most of the kicker returns at SG are from The Oak Bay Marine Group.Many of their camp boats didn't move last year at all. I have a friend who bought a set of camp 150 yammys with 20 hours on them.

Go for it!

SG is the best on the lower island as far as i'm conserned.I'd have no prob buying a camp return off them.

Talk to Bob Parker he'll let you know which ones are the best.

Thanks again. SG had a good price but Port Boat House came up with a better price. Ended up buying a '09 T8 EXR for a very good price. Road trip on Saturday. It's like christmas in April!

Back