Puppies... aYup... Yet Again

IronNoggin

After the last batch of babies, we decided Enough is ENOUGH! Love them little ones, but we were getting downright Burned Out dealing with them over and over...

So, after the last flew the coop, we decided to have Asuilu spayed. Should be an end to that I remember thinking...

Then, we were faced with rescuing one of the pups that had just been placed. Obviously those that had informed us they were "familiar" with raising high energy Hybrids were stretching it just a tad. So, we welcomed little Kimmick (Kimmy for short) back into our lives, and set about the re-training required to turn her around from the nervous and shy creature she had become. That worked of course, but it took time and energy. Enough time that when she was reconditioned, she was now too old to successfully place with another Family. We never intended to have three, but she had captured our hearts, and so became another member of our "Pack".

Quite a few months passed, and she developed into a Prancy and Fine Looking Gal! Then, she went into Heat! Oh NO!
Realizing that Boogs would "Jump a Rock" in such condition were it to sit still long enough, we made the necessary preparations, and managed to successfully keep him and his daughter apart...

Best of Plans... One day I let the "pup" (1.5 years then) out to do her business. My neighbor called within moments "The pup just raced up the street with the neighbor's Shepherd". Oh NOOOOO! By the time I caught up, the "damage" was done. DAMMIT! Well it was only once... maybe it won't take...

Yeah, Right. Forgot just how Bloody Fertile these Creatures are. As the months passed it was obvious. More pups on the way...
Oh well, make the best of it...

Thankfully when the magic day came, she did NOT take after her Ma and have an entire Pack all at once! In fact only TWO (Thank The Goddess!!)

New_Pups.jpg

And although we well know the Papa, as the pups developed we could see little or no influence from him in that development.

Today, the Little Ones are just over 4 weeks old, and quite the Chubby Little Bowls of ENERGY! Constant source of Amusement around here, they have (once again) captured our hearts Completely!

Thought I'd share a few pictures of the latest in our line:

Little Gal laying down, and the Lad peering out from their kennel:

New_Pups_1.jpg

New_Pups_2.jpg

New_Pups_3.jpg

The Lad takes Strongly after his Gramps - Boogs. Going to be a Big Boy methinks! Already developing "character" he reminds me a LOT of Amaruq at this age!
The Gal takes much more after her Ma, and will likely be quite a bit smaller (although a Beauty!). Super smart already, she appears to be leaning towards the Racing Husky in her background.

More...

The Lad looks so much like Amaruq and acts like him at that age it is almost uncanny!

Boy_1.jpg

And that Mischievous GRIN looks waaaaay too familiar!

Boy_2.jpg

The Little Gal is certainly turning out to be a Stunner!

Girl_1.jpg

Not only Looks, but already showing signs she has inherited some of her Grandfolks' Intelligence! Going to be quite The Lady methinks:

Girl_3.jpg

So, Life around the Hacienda is Interesting and Entertaining as usual! Gotta LOVE these Little Ones, and despite what we said earlier, they have certainly captured us completely once again...

Just thought I'd share...

Cheers,
Nog

Great looking animals Nog. Crossed with a shepherd they should be really good dogs/wolves. As you stated though, not much of Dad showing there.

Nice looking pups. I bet they are entertaining. Hope they get some snow to play in soon!

Great looking animals Nog. Crossed with a shepherd they should be really good dogs/wolves. As you stated though, not much of Dad showing there.

True that! Hard to say how their looks will develop over time though - they usually don't settle in to that until past 4 months, so a lot can happen in that much time.

We were comparing pictures of Boogs (Gramps) when he was a wee tyke against those of this litter last night. Absolutely Amazing resemblance! Genetics is a rather strange and wonderful thing at times, and it is more than obvious Boogs' set Packs a PUNCH! If I hadn't caught the Ma with the Shepherd, and wasn't absolutely certain Boogs didn't get anywhere near her through the critical time period, I would be right wondering!!

Here's a few shots of Amaruq (aka Boogs) at just over 5 weeks when he arrived home:

Asuilu_Amaruq_4.jpg

Asuilu_Amaruq_3.jpg

Fearless_Leader.jpg

Couple more to come...

Amaruq at 8 weeks:

Amaruq_8_Weeks.jpg

Amaruq_8_Weeks_3.jpg

And Grown Up:

Boogs_Pose.jpg

Boogs_Portrait_2.jpg

He has developed into the Best Companion Animal I've had, and I have been living with and raising Wolf hybrids over 30 years now.
Incredibly Intelligent, and Downright Fearless. Trained to be a Blood Tracker, and pretty damn good at it. Has a bit of an issue with bears though, every time he sees them it is Instant Attack Mode! Treed a good number, and beat the Living Hell out of three that dared to wander into His yard!

Methinks the pups will likely turn out a fair bit like him, even perhaps more protective given the Shepherd influence. Will post a few more pix of the pups as I collect them...

Cheers,
Nog

Matt, beautiful little pups! Your dogs are a force to be reckoned with...

When my bullies hooked up there was no doubt, 62 days later we had a litter. It's a lot of work but worth it.

Here ya go Nog... I'll bump this one..

This was from today... Thor supervisin the dog house /patio build.

DSC01638_zps1909612f.jpg

Slim Jim wasn't working fast enough..

DSC01637_zps4634aaf5.jpg

SJ's kid took him for a walk today..He met a good buddy at clover point...

430078_10152467949385523_30413423_n_zps075ce165.jpg

He gets lots of walks.. ;) These are from the last couple days..

Right above the house

487431_10152552826855523_1840467973_n_zpse1ff22b1.jpg

59784_10152552868855523_255017752_n_zps141b109d.jpg

I get to see him every couple days... He gets let off the leash 3 houses down and he runs right to our door..... And he pees when he sees me(or Mrs. Lippy)

awesome pups!!!, nice pics too!!

Thanks Lipster!

GREAT
to see him again! Little Bugger looks to be growing like a weed! Kinda figured he'd take after Gramps that way. Suspect he'll get pretty damn HUGE as a consequence! Certainly looks to be having a LOT of FUN! COOL! :cool:

Thanks for sharing, and next time you see him give him a scritch from me...

Cheers,
Nog

Back