PRAWN TRAPS WANTED

hippaisland

Looking for 2-4 Prawn Traps and possibly leaded line, if anyones selling or knows of anyone selling, let me know. Thanks guys.

There was a guy on Craigslist Nanaimo ( I think) selling used commercial 30 inch at $25 each but 4 traps minimum
Thanks for the heads up. Thats a great deal if he still has them(which I doubt). Appreciate the intel though!

IMG_0172.JPG Try this guy. Not sure if he's still in business but he had good traps.

Buddy in Lantzville stills has about 150 traps left. $25 a piece so 4 for $100.....with scotty bait jars

so you purchasers understand ,, almost all used commercial traps have larger mesh that has been stretched out, not only do you catch larger prawns hopefully ( which can be a good thing) but.. if you are in an area with current, any movement of the mesh or tie offs strongly discourage any prawns from going near the trap. i buy used commie traps and re-string with sport sized mesh kits from pnt.. a few i have done with commie sized mesh, they do work better for keeping the smallies from staying in..

How much do the mesh kits cost and how hard are they to restring?
I have about 8 traps that mice decided to eat through.
I figured they would not be worth repairing.

Thanks
Tips

i think i am calling ladner. lol

i have 12 to redo!!

Back