Port Hardy Report (July 23rd)

SerengetiGuide

Great fishing up here! Non stop action, had the clients limited out by 10:30am, with Ally's Spring coming 2nd in Filomi Days fishing derby to win $500! And she's only 10 years old!!

Ally and me with her gorgeous Spring!
FishingWithKoehlers029.jpg

Smallest of the day was 23lbs, so the size is starting to increase now.

Also, one of our hali's came 2nd and won $250! Not too bad. Weather has been rainy but today we saw our first glimpse of sun, let's hope it stays that way.

Some great fishing going on

Thanks,
David

FishingJuly019.jpg

FishingJuly009.jpg

FishingJuly004.jpg

looks very nice :)
do these move down toward malcolm and port mcneil? im heading thiere in 2 weeks and the fishing reports have all been slow from what ive heard and im hoping wit will pikc up as just north it looks liek its on fire!
What are you using and what depth?

Coming to Telegraph Cove tomorrow! Hoping to fish N of Malcolm but will go further NW if we have to. Location? Depths? Lures or Bait? Feedback appeciated...
Oppi

We use anchovies with a green flasher, fairly basic but you have to watch the color of the Springs backs. After you catch one, check it out, if it is a pinky red as many are, you'll want to use a red flasher with gold in the middle, and if they are really silver Springs, stick with the green and silver. If the backs are goldy, stick with the gold in the middle of the green. Some of these will move down, some will move up. Some will go on the west coast. So ya never know!

David
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

quote:Originally posted by SerengetiGuide

We use anchovies with a green flasher, fairly basic but you have to watch the color of the Springs backs. After you catch one, check it out, if it is a pinky red as many are, you'll want to use a red flasher with gold in the middle, and if they are really silver Springs, stick with the green and silver. If the backs are goldy, stick with the gold in the middle of the green. Some of these will move down, some will move up. Some will go on the west coast. So ya never know!
ive never heard of that back and flsher color changing, thanks alot! thats a neat trick to know

I've heard that around McNeill and telegraph it's super slow right now. Heard from some fellow guides that they have gone all day without a single bite!!! Have some new pictures I will post up as "Pictures from Hardy from the 23rd"!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
David
Serengeti Fishing Charters
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

ive heard that too right now and am praying itll pick up in 2 weeks for my first trip up tothe area, it sunds liek even cohoand pinks are hard to get!

Back