Porlier pass

Salty, just returned from a few day's of debauchery in Gold R. Great trip, took a personal best with a fish of 19-20 lb. on Sat. Amazing how 20 yrs. of goin' hard on the isle. can get you.
Where were you on Sat.? Friday's a.m. charter proved empty.. Sounds like those fish have b-lined south to Polier and thrasher..
Ton's of bait marked at Ent. yesterday, looks like the fat stuff has started to move in for the spawn.. Contact me in the next few.-dirty

Anybody been out ???? From what I can see I am aloud to drop the prawn traps on the out side of galiano can anybody tell me differnt ??? Where can I drop the crab trap ??
salty

friend told me his friend (native) went out prawning off ladysmith 2 days ago. 4 traps, ONE 4hr set, 1008 prawns! hge said his friend had no idea how that many prawns were physically able to fit into the traps!

quote:Originally posted by saltybeaver

Anybody been out ???? From what I can see I am aloud to drop the prawn traps on the out side of galiano can anybody tell me differnt ??? Where can I drop the crab trap ??
salty

Salty....not sure of the regs over there, but a short run on the inside for good crabs...........Parker Isl.

Oh.....For ALL those reading this......I mean just off the east end of Saturna?? [:p][:p]

heading out this weekend anyone been out ....... drhook????

Salty...if you do put down prawn traps keep them out of the way of the commercial guys as I think they are open now. I can't confirm who took them, but we have lost more than a few traps out there when there are plenty of commercial floats out.

thanks. got stuck up last year. what A B.T.CH that is, the pull with out a puller is worse enough

Sorry I missed your query 'Saltybeaver'. I have not been out to Porlier due to the unsettled weather (windy) weather we've been having but have heard good reports from two other sources. You should do well out there today.

i talked to a guy at silva bay and he didnt get a sniff at porlier.

Fished Porlier on Mon and Tues. Kinda slow. Got three fish (lost 2 to seals). 14lbs for the one we managed to horse in before the seals got it.

went out to day lost three nice fish [V] , ended up with a nice teen and one 10#.
DSC01637.jpg

counted 16 boats. nice to see

hey salty there was 20 boats out at the grande today.
and there were a fair few at thrasher and entrance island.
most boats i've ever seen out here

Beautiful day yesterday at the pass. Just went for lings , got one 18lbs. 92 cm. I haven't seen that many seals in along time, they where just inside the pass. Must have been a thousand of the buggers. There was about 10 boats out there and didn't see any nets flying.

Beautiful day yesterday at the pass. Just went for lings , got one 18lbs. 92 cm. I haven't seen that many seals in along time, they where just inside the pass. Must have been a thousand of the buggers. There was about 10 boats out there and didn't see any nets flying.

Back