Outboard Motor Value

Captain PartyMarty

Crew Member
Hi Guy's

I am thinking of re-powering my gal this winter with a new Yamaha 200hp and curious what you guy's think my current motor would sell for, here are the specs

2005 135hp Optimax V6 Saltwater edition
Good compression across all cylinders
160 original hours (no rebuilds)
would include:
Smartcraft guages 1x SC1000 tach
1x combo 4 in one fuel, temp, volts, water temp
includes side mountable controls

Capt

I would say 5k and should be a great repower for someone. You may get 5k trade in value can't save some tax $$

I was thinking the previous numbers were high. Fishtofino's price is more along the line I was thinking. I'd say $3500-4500. That motor new is only $10,000-12,000

Its worth 6 to the right guy in the Victoria/Vancouver area. I would get a factory computer readout to show the prospective buyer showing alarms , average running rpm.s and hours.

beemer

If it works, keep running it. Some of the lowball #s thrown out there would be pretty hard to take for a low hour engine. I'd like to have another 50 to 75hp too but the cost when I don't need to repower is just too much. Then you look at where you need to run that bigger engine to stay in the fuel mileage window you want and you're not picking up all that much extra speed. Unless you are really under powered stay with what you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back