Nootka Report w Pics

T

tomictime

http://www.ifish.net/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1298062&an=0&page=0#1298062

Great Hospitality :) Special thanks go to C-River Parker Marine crew who fixed Yamaha T-8 Kicker on Tuesday and to crew at Eaglecraft who put up with fisherman boat shoppers.

Fished the hi-way and traditional points, biggest King was 40# w buddy boat getting a 51# far offshore. Hali to 30# inc one that came up 75' to eat a Chovie. Hot lure was Purple Haze Chovie holder w 40# flouro leaders

Bottomline, great fishing, great people, great time.

Thx

Jim

Haggardscove,

Have things picked up for Barkley at all? From your reply, it doesn't sound as if it has.

Slabby

Glad to see you got into some more fish. Enjoyed you taking the time to come in to EagleCraft (Daigle Welding and Marine) I enjoyed meeting you and your friend. Will email you that Tuna Tracking website hopefully on Monday.

Cheers ME

Tomictime:

Sounds like you had a great trip. I'm heading over to Nootka this Thursday for a week so some advice would be greatly appreciated.

I usually fish the Maquinna, Beano, Burwood area but from the reports lately it seems that the fishing is better offshore. Is that what you found?

I've never fished the highway - are you just going out past Bajo and stopping when the water hits 300' deep or are you going off Ferrer? Once you're out there are you fishing the top 30-50' or deeper?

Thanks for any info.

Cheers

Toyfish

Slabby20 - I'll answer for HAGGARDSCOVE. He just left for Barkley and will be up there for a week. Hopefully, he'll post a good report when he gets back. As of a few days ago, the Springs hadn't moved in in any significant numbers. Of course, that can change at any time.

fished 262' line out to 300' offshore, most productive depth was 77' to 90', inshore we did fish Ferrer w most productive depth at 22'.

quote:Originally posted by toyfish

Tomictime:

Sounds like you had a great trip. I'm heading over to Nootka this Thursday for a week so some advice would be greatly appreciated.

I usually fish the Maquinna, Beano, Burwood area but from the reports lately it seems that the fishing is better offshore. Is that what you found?

I've never fished the highway - are you just going out past Bajo and stopping when the water hits 300' deep or are you going off Ferrer? Once you're out there are you fishing the top 30-50' or deeper?

Thanks for any info.

Cheers

Toyfish

tomictime has it bang on!!!! same thing we did! fishing was great out there!

Hey TomicTime,

I am just wondering what kind of boat you run? I am assuming that's yours in the pictures. It looks like a great heavy weather boat, and I don't remember seeing anything like it before up here.

Thanks,

FishWish

Fishwish: Yes the alu boat in the pic is my baby, 12 years old and fished HARD !!! Almar made in tacoma, WA. Now owned by North River out of Roseburg, Oregon. The Silver Streak hull made in Sooke would be very comparable to the older Almars. Not trying to start a boat war but I also think Eaglecraft build a very fine boat also.

JD

quote:Originally posted by fishwish

Hey TomicTime,

I am just wondering what kind of boat you run? I am assuming that's yours in the pictures. It looks like a great heavy weather boat, and I don't remember seeing anything like it before up here.

Thanks,

FishWish

Toyfish,

Coho were around ferrer at the beginning of the week but couldn't find any more later on, be sure and watch the regs, as the area boundaries had some people confused... and dfo was out there.... fishing offshore was deep 50-100 got most of the hits... some big fish lurking around.... good bites at the reef too.... 300' line off the bajo can or same outside of ferrer too look for the group of boats! Lots of large bait around, so large tomic spoons and plugs or the biggest bait you can find!!

Back