New to the island, hows cow bay to sannich inlet?

Dwaynec83

Hey guys, I recently moved to duncan from northern bc and looking to try and get out and do some jigging and crabbing in the cow bay and around the sannich inlet, I've read there may not be alot around for fish but am willing to give it a shot. I have a 17' firefish jet boat so I want to stay more in sheltered water due to my flat 8 degree hull, I've got a new 9.9 merc efi pro kicker on it and running a lowrance 9 live with 3 in 1 and a tm185hw transducer for electronics.

I've been trying to read the regs and it looks like only chinook and lings are closed,
I've read maybe around wain rock?

How about crabs? Was thinking between cherry point and whiskey point?

Thanks for any info one can give!

Hey guys, I recently moved to duncan from northern bc and looking to try and get out and do some jigging and crabbing in the cow bay and around the sannich inlet, I've read there may not be alot around for fish but am willing to give it a shot. I have a 17' firefish jet boat so I want to stay more in sheltered water due to my flat 8 degree hull, I've got a new 9.9 merc efi pro kicker on it and running a lowrance 9 live with 3 in 1 and a tm185hw transducer for electronics.

I've been trying to read the regs and it looks like only chinook and lings are closed,

Wain rock can be productive for winter chinook. Just confirm the regs before fishing it

Mill Bay from the ferry terminal to the cement plant also good for winters. Again, check the regulations

Crabbing can be good off Cherry Point but I do the best on the far side of the Bay in 170 to 190 feet of water. Salmon and bottom fish can be good but double check the regs, more closed area than open most of the time. I live in Cowichan Bay and fined it easier just to fish in Sooke. By the way nice boat, too bad we don't have the big rivers of the interior or the north to let it shine!

Thanks, I got out and putted around, played around with the new electronics and gear, got a few crabs and jigged a minnow, with the lowrance and tm185hw I was able to watch my jig at depth.

by far side you meaning around Genoa?

20211010_130600.jpg20211010_130552.jpg20211010_124733.jpg

Yeah I wish the rivers were open on the island, there would some nice rivers to run!

Just a little south of the entrance to Genoa in about 170 to 190 feet for the crab, you need a wack of rope!

Back