New South-Island member...

Little Hawk

Howdy!

Been watching this forum for some time now. Tons of good info here.

Some of you Western Communities folks might remember me (Terry- 'the bartender') from the old Westwind Pub. I worked there the last five years or so till they leveled her. We used to sell the tickets for the Juan de Fukka derby out of there every year. Still an 'exclusive-club' I suppose.

I've gone back to the carpentry trade now... busy as hell.

It's been over 25yrs. sinse I had a boat in the water. Fished the Vancouver area (Howe Sound) extensively during the mid 70's to the early 80's. Dragged my old 18-foot Fiberform over here from North Van when we moved to Victoria in 82'. Never did repower her and get out.

Finally got another boat. She's a 19-ft Zeta/cuddy(1980) with a brand-new 4.3-MPI/Merc/Alpha setup. I'm still breaking her in. Rick, at Empire Welding (old customer of mine at the pub), built me an awesome trailer for her.

Getting my little Honda kicker fixed next week and hope to be on the water soon.

Although I've been doing some lake fishing over the years, the 'salt-chuckin' and smokin' reels component has been sorely missing from my life. Where has the time gone?

Can't wait to get out!

Cheers,
Terry

Howdy!

Yeah... it has been a long time. Busted the 50-club over a year ago and lookin' back at fishin' it's always been a big part of my life ever since I could walk. I've always enjoyed it and it remains a mystery to me how I could let it slip away for so long.

Anyway - no time for whining or bull**** - there's a 50-pounder out there with my name on it and it won't be long now till I'm out there.

Cheers,
Terry Anderson

Back