trollman

Just a line to say hello, I live in Whitecourt Alberta.I take my boat the Joannie B ouy to Prince Rupert every June and Aug.My June trip is always the last week of June but may be delayed this year due to the flooding and the road blockage.I realy enjoy the site, helpful members and very civil behavior.bye for now

Weclome aboard Troll. Good luck with the weather out there, if that keeps up you may not have to leave Alberta to go trolling.

Welcome aboard

Tell us about your boat and fav fishing etc....

Hey Trollman, I am a new member as well, welcome aboard! This is a fantastic site and the members are outstanding, the best site I have ever joined. Seawolf 1 (not the original)

Welcome ,used to work with a electrician out of Whitecourt great fellow, lost touch with him over the years.DAN

thanks guys for the welcome.My user name comes from my short legs 27 inch inseam so I was nicknamed trollman,not for my fishing.I bought my boat in 1995 from Ocean Sport Marine in Maple Ridge, B.C. after many years of research.It is 15.5 ft. long 7ft beam,hull bottom 1/4 inch thick,sides 3/16 inch thick. I have to admit it is one heck of a tough boat,very solid and sea worthy,although It is known as an ocean spray boat because it can be a wet boat when the weather kicks up.I fish as for off shore as out side Bell's passage, down to Rolland Rocks, Edy Pass, Tree Knob Group.We stay at the Park Avenue camp ground in Prince Rupert and go out from the Rushbrook Boat launch.We fish for spring salmon and halibut, ling cod and go crabbing. In Aug. its Coho, and halibut.I realy like Prince Rupert but you have to be prepared for the weather it can and has rained for weeks at a time along with some nasty south west winds.Dan I have worked in the oil patch in Whitecourt since Nov. 1978 util I retired 3 years ago so if your friend worked in the patch I likly would know him.

Back