New Halibut World Record

chris73

In northern Norway two fishermen bonked this monster after 2.5 hours fight. Here is the original report and few photos - unfortunately I can't decifer too much from norwegian but I believe they claim it's not only a norwegian record for sportfishing but worldwide. 221.5 kg makes 465 lbs...crazy...Caught on jig with rubber fish while fishing for atlantic cod.

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/nordland/1.6721571

Looks tasty.[xx(]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

><///(°> ><///(°>

Uff, Da!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
freshwaterlagoonnuquicw3.jpg

Dogbreath.
Didn't know you spoke Norwegian.

Look for that picture to appear in Abu ads. Looks like an Abu reel he used. Heck of a fish.

I would've thought a big fish like that would've spooled the guy in a couple seconds. Hmmm...

JUST FISHEN'

I have to say that neither of those two guys look fit enough to endure the fight that thing must have given. Even if the fish was on death's door the shere weight would have damn near killed the fellow on the left! LOL

State of Alaska verified a 459 pound halibut in 1996 caught on sport gear in Unalaska Bay (right outside of Dutch Harbor on the Aleutian chain. big boy:D

Why would anyone kill a fish like that in this day and age? The meat would be sh$t, so they are only killing it to pretend they are heros.

Why would anyone kill a fish like that in this day and age? The meat would be sh$t, so they are only killing it to pretend they are heros.

Back